Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Manager - Sheet Lists are blank

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
matt.thomas
11076 Views, 38 Replies

Sheet Set Manager - Sheet Lists are blank

Using AutoCAD 2016, my sheet set manager has suddenly stopped showing the file names in the sheet list tab (image attached).

Opening any sheet sets new or old show the same. It's like the text color was changed to the background color, so a right click over the text location would show the options, though publish options are greyed out.

Cannot find any matching forum post to this problem. Is there a setting that was tripped? I have run a repair from the install manager without any difference. 

Thanks!

Sheet Set View.JPG

38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39
rkmcswain
in reply to: matt.thomas

It appears that there is no sheet set open.

On my SSM, when a sheet set is open, the name of the sheet set appears where your screenshot says "Open..."

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 39
matt.thomas
in reply to: rkmcswain

It appears that there is no sheet set open.

On my SSM, when a sheet set is open, the name of the sheet set appears where your screenshot says "Open..."

That is what it looks like, but this is what shows when I open any of my sheet set files, current or past projects.

It is like the text is ghosting, so it is not visible, yet a right click in the correct spot show some greyed out options and that something is there.

Reboot and a repair to AutoCAD changed nothing.

Started last week for no apparent reason.

Any help would be great, I am the only designer in our company and use Sheet set to streamline many of our projects.

Message 4 of 39
rkmcswain

Did anything else change?
Specifically the storage of the DWG and/or DST files?
(IOW, was there a server hardware upgrade/change?)

Message 5 of 39
matt.thomas

Sheet Set View2.JPGWe do have network lic. & network file storage, though that has not changed.  I have had my 2016 since it was issued earlier this year.

Back to your first reply... you noted the "open..." at the pull down should have read the file name. It has shown blank or will read that open like the image.

I have also noticed that I have opened multiple files and they should be shown at the top of the inside the pull down area, that area is blank when the pull down is opened for a single or multiple sets have been opened. 

Message 6 of 39
matt.thomas

Attached is a view when I right click in the file area.

Sheet Set View3.JPG

Message 7 of 39
matt.thomas

The little shape appears when I hover at the file name line (right of the SSM symbol).

Sheet Set View4.JPG

Message 8 of 39
rkmcswain

Interesting.

When I have a sheet set loaded (regardless if it's one or multiple), the name of the current sheet set is shown in the dropdown list.

ssmcap.PNG

My next guess is a .NET problem on your machine.

Try logging into your machine as a different user (one that has not logged in before in the past) - and see if the same problem exists.

Message 9 of 39
matt.thomas

OK, Good call!

Logged in as a co-worker and SSM acted the same. Logged into another machine and SSM work as it should. So, that rules out our network, and points to my machine. Sorry I did not think of trying another machine.

Am I looking at a complete uninstall/re-install of AutoCAD?? Or, will that not fix it? 

Message 10 of 39
rkmcswain

A couple of more people with the same issue.
No clear solution however.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016/sheet-set-is-blank/m-p/5830244

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016/autocad-2014-sheet-set-will-not-open-older...

Are you on subscription? 

If so, open a support ticket with Autodesk.

Message 11 of 39
matt.thomas

We are on subscription. I will have to go that route. 

Thank you for the help.

Message 12 of 39

Hi @matt.thomas,

Thank you for posting your question here in the community.

This issue has been reported by a few other customers, and is typically caused by a missing registry key for the affected version of AutoCAD.

Could you please try the registry fix listed in this solution published to AKN?

Victoria Studley
Principal Experience Designer - Fusion
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 13 of 39

OK so I just installed Civil 3D 2017 like 3 days ago. Today I tried to open a sheet set I created last week from Civil 3D 2016 sp 2.  Guess what I get, no sheet set opens.  Blank just like the previous posts.  Now I looked at the registry keys as suggested for 2015 and those keys are in there for 2017.  So it's not that AKN fix.  Any other thoughts on why I can't open a DST file from 2016 in 2017?

I installed Stand Alone Civil 3D 2017, Windows 10 Pro (not enterprise), Lenovo ThinkPad 16GB ram (I'm speedy that way) and lots of other powerful stuff.

I'll take any suggestions at this point.

Heidi B.

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: InfraChic

Same issue here.  Just had to do a clean install of WIndows because 2017 wouldn't see our lic manager (WHole other issue) and now after install 2015, 16 and 17 all my PST files come up blank.  15,16 and 17 are all running fine other that the sheetset manager doesn't work now!

Bill N.

Message 15 of 39
Cadguru42
in reply to: Anonymous

@bneuhauser wrote:

Same issue here.  Just had to do a clean install of WIndows because 2017 wouldn't see our lic manager (WHole other issue) and now after install 2015, 16 and 17 all my PST files come up blank.  15,16 and 17 are all running fine other that the sheetset manager doesn't work now!

Bill N.

The same issue happened to me. Today is the first time in a couple of weeks that I needed to work with the Sheet Set Manager (in C3D 2015) and no sheet set will open. It's all blank. Restarting C3D didn't fix the issue. This coincides with the installation of IDSP 2017. Something about 2017 has caused the Sheet Set Manager to no longer open any sheet set. Below is a screencast showing what happens.

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadguru42

I am experiencing the same issue in Civil3D 2015 after everyone in my office had IDSP 2017 installed. We all have .NET 4.6.1. Could this be a problem because I know 2015 cannot be installed with .NET 4.6?

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous

Still waiting to hear back from AUtodesk support on this one myself.  They keep telling me to do the regedit fix. But mine doesn't ahve the issue they talk about.  Right now I have 2015, 16 and 17 installed and 2016 and 2017 SHeetset manager works, but the plotting is hit or miss. 2015 I get the blank icon when I try to open dst file.

Pretty big issue if you ask me.

Bill

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous

Exactly, big issue considering 2017 isn't backward compatible. No issues with my regedit as far as I can tell.
Message 19 of 39
Cadguru42

I've still got a support request going about this that I started on 5-4-16. The first he told me to do was uninstall and reinstall SP3 for C3D 2015. That caused the ribbon to no longer work. He then did a remote session and couldn't fix it, so it was transfered to the installation people, who told me to run .NET verification tools, which of course had no issue. That guy never got back to me, so I did a repair and reinstall didn't fix the ribbon problem. I then had to do the complete uninstall of all AutoCAD 2015 related software and verticals. I then reinstalled from the IDSP 2015 setup and at least got C3D 2015 working again. However, any DSTs are still blank and it's severly hurting my production. 

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 20 of 39
Cadguru42

I solved it using the Registry Key suggestion made earlier, but not the way it should have. I only have IDSP 2015 and IDSP 2017 installed. My registry had the correct AcSm key for both R20.0 and R21.0. There was no AcSm key listed for 20.1, which should be for 2016. I installed the 2016 registry fix, which fixed the 2015 Sheet Set Manager not opening DST files. This should not have worked considering I do not have 2016 installed at all, so there's something funky going on with Autodesk's programming. 

What's sad is that support still hasn't gotten back to me on the case I started a week ago. The last communication they sent me was last Friday. 

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report