Sheet Set Manager "Sheet List Table" has strange contents

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
hencoop
1617 Views, 10 Replies

Sheet Set Manager "Sheet List Table" has strange contents

Sheet Number and Title were replaced with a "Link"

This happened for the last two lines.  I've corrected one and left the other to show here.

The Sheet Numbers and Titles were the same except one is #2 and the other is #6.

It appears that the title can accept the character # but the program interprets it as something else.

Sheet Index 001.jpgSheet Index 002.jpg

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
john.vellek
in reply to: hencoop

Hi @hencoop,

This seems a bit odd.  Can you send me the sheets (they don't need any content) and the sheetset? I would like to examine this behavior.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 11
cwr-pae
in reply to: john.vellek

I had to check this. I have temporary sheet set for some throw away cross sections and added a # sign in the sheet name and got the same result as @hencoop. The sheet name ends at the character before the #.

Checking further I checked a cell with a normal sheet name (no # in the name). The field in the cell contents is a link. The link's field expression contains 3 # signs as part of it. The name of this sheet is "Section Sheet - (3)" the field expression is "%<\AcVar \href ".\Design.dwg#,Section Sheet - (3)#Section Sheet - (3)#1">%"

So it appears you can't use the # symbol in a sheet name as it is used by the system, along with the standard list of \ / < > ? " ; : * | , = and `

Message 4 of 11
hencoop

The files are attached.

Message 5 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @hencoop,

Thanks for the files. I concur with the findings of @cwr-pae.  I looked at the Field expression for the Cover Sheet and it reads as follows: %<\AcVar \href ".\001 Cover Sheet.dwg#,Cover Sheet#G.1#1">%

The number sign in the file name, title, and layout name does seem to cause some strange behavior.  I believe @cwr-pae's assessment of "illegal" characters is correct.  When I replace all the #'s with "No's" then the table looks correct.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 11
hencoop

It appears that Autodesk needs to fix the Sheet Set Manager so that it will not allow using "#" or else fix it so that it can correctly handle it.  I suggest allowing "#" as it saves a couple of characters vs. "No."

I just solved an issue in one of my programs yesterday that was caused by having "#" included in the layout tab name.  I discovered that the following code would not find anything that is in a layout tab with a "#" in its name:

(SSGET "X" (LIST (CONS 410 (GETVAR "CTAB"))))

The solution to my problem was to identify every "#" in the layout name and replace each occurrence with "`#" and use that string as the value of the (ASSOC 410 <str>) in my (SSGET ...) call for the code to actually select objects on the current layout tab.  It took a bit of coding but the problem was solved for any user supplied list of one or more wildcard characters.  If I can solve the problem in my code then I know the professional programmers at Autodesk can solve the problem in theirs.  The only question is "Will they?"

Thanks @cwr-pae and @john.vellek for the workaround.  I don't feel comfortable calling it a "solution" but for the purposes of this forum I suppose it is.

Updating the Sheet List Table gives useful results:

Sheet Index 001a.jpg

Message 7 of 11
JTBWorld

Workaround is to use this character # (very similar to #)
Either copy it or press and hold down the Alt key, type on the numeric keypad 065283 and then release the Alt key.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 8 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @hencoop,

I wanted to let you know that I have logged this issue for the team to investigate.  I have tested back to AutoCAD 2016 and it presents even there.  This might actually go back further but i don't think it has ever surfaced until now.  Thanks for pointing it out!

(TFS 209315)

John Vellek

Message 9 of 11
r_baccioni

Same thing still happening in Autocad LT 2022.

Using the "hash" # sign in a sheet title produces a truncated sheet title that is duplicated in the sheet number when the sheet set table is created.  

Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: r_baccioni

@r_baccioni wrote:

Same thing still happening in Autocad LT 2022.

Have you installed the LT2022.1.2 Update yet? ABOUT command will confirm what you have installed. If not, get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help... start a support ticket through your subscription portal as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Message 11 of 11
codykoern
in reply to: r_baccioni

Precisely the same happening to us here on full ACAD ‘22.. 2 separate users. With the hash (#) present in Sheet Name, it causes Sheet Name to stop just before the hash and for some reason duplicates the Sheet Number with the same value. 

Unlocking the cell with the hash in the Sheet List Table and double-clicking on the Field produces the same results as shown in the original post, a ‘Link’ (hyperlink) rather than a ‘Sheet Set’ sheet parameter as per usual. 

I look forward to trying the alternate hash symbol tomorrow as mentioned above with the ALT+number input method, but this doesn’t seem scalable. 

I will ultimately do what OP did and code it so it can look for ctab or another default system variable in the time being but c’mon ADSK! 😝

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost