Did you mean: 

Shapes not loading after Mkshape

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
396 Views, 3 Replies

Shapes not loading after Mkshape

Hi all
I'm new to the forum, never needed it for a long time but here I am, trying to study the rocket science behind line types and shapes. 

My problem comes when I create a shape in the support folder of Autocad:
I use mkshape
So I give the file a name (custom.shp) give the shape a name (Test) and select the objects to include in my new shape. Press enter. 
It gives me all positive feedbacks till this last line "no function definition: VLAX-GET-ACAD-OBJECT" 

Let's pretend everything was good.

command Shape to open my newborn shape
- can't find a shape named Test

I tried everything, seriously! I included the folder in the option-file-support tab, nothing works!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I give the file a name (custom.shp) give the shape a name

>> (Test) and select the objects to include in my new shape

Isn't there the basepoint missing?

>> It gives me all positive feedbacks till this last line

>> "no function definition: VLAX-GET-ACAD-OBJECT" 

Can't see that, at least not using the current AutoCAD 2020 ... which version and update of AutoCAD are you using (command _ABOUT ==> screenshot ==> would help 😉 )

Can you please try the same again, by restarting AutoCAD and making sure that no other app/plugin/lisp is loaded?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yeah just wanted to make it short but I actually follow all the required steps.
Here's the screenshot!

I tried over 2 or 3 days in which the PC was shouted down multiple times, so I believe turning off and on again is not the solution.

Maybe an axe would help. or a hammer .....

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

you are using an AutoCAD OEM, so there exists no service pack if not supplied by the vendor of that product.

You also can't use the option to not load the application the AutoCAD OEM is bundled with.

So I can only tell you that AutoCAD 2018 (which it seems to be) works well with MKSHAPE and does not show the message you get, asking the vendor of your AutoCAD OEM APP seems to be the best way to go, maybe some ExpressTools function are not implemented or overwritten.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report