Serial number invalid for AutoCAD 2018

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mazam45
10929 Views, 7 Replies

Serial number invalid for AutoCAD 2018

Hi,

I recently downloaded AutoCAD 2018 (student version). I received serial number from Autodesk in form of xxx(3DIGITS)-xxxxxxxxx(9DIGITS). I couldn't insert the last digit of the serial number when i was trying to activate the product. It was like the space provided is not enough to fill in all digits. Could someone help me with this thing.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gotphish001
in reply to: mazam45

Did it ask you to put in the serial number? I don't remember ever having to put it in for a student version. It just ran. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 3 of 8
mazam45
in reply to: gotphish001

Yes. It did ask.

Message 4 of 8
gotphish001

Doh! I forgot they are having an issue with something this week. Read the big read bar going across the top of the forums. The suggested fix I believe is to use the trial version because you don't need a serial number for it. Then after it is fixed you can switch over to the student version. 

Here is the sticky thread from over on the installation forum. If you have other questions of how to get the trial version I'm sure if you glance at the threads on that forum someone probably answers it as many people are having the same issue.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/student-license-activation-issue-serial-number...

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 5 of 8
mazam45
in reply to: gotphish001

I got it. thank you very much

Message 6 of 8
lungilentuli

HELLO BRAH HELP WITH SERIAL NUMBER FOR AUTO CAD 2018

Message 7 of 8
mazam45
in reply to: lungilentuli

are u using autocad for student? u should get your serial number right before you download the software through autodesk websiteUntitled.png

Message 8 of 8
RN1492

finding my Serial # so I can give to employee at AutoDesk

@mazam45 wrote:

are u using autocad for student? u should get your serial number right before you download the software through autodesk websiteUntitled.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost