Did you mean: 

Selection Effect and GPU Issues

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
samuelb8Y56V
430 Views, 10 Replies

Selection Effect and GPU Issues

Hi,

I'm having an issue which I think is GPU related but I'm not 100% sure. Lately my ACAD has been really laggy and stuttering a lot and my selection effect hasn't been working dashed lines instead of blue. I found it to an issue with hardware acceleration being turned off due to GPU issues but can't fix the issues through obvious means eg driver updates and wondered if anyone else can offer advice. My current card is a RTX A2000, which notably I can only find the laptop variant on the approved hardware list, but that may be me not understanding how the information is presented.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Simon_Weel
in reply to: samuelb8Y56V

Switch off Hardware Acceleration and / or set 2D Display Settings to Basic Mode. (GRAPHICSCONFIG)

Message 3 of 11
samuelb8Y56V
in reply to: Simon_Weel

Unfortunately, I can't do either as ACAD isn't recognising my GPU.

Message 4 of 11
user181

Have you tried installing the drivers from this link: https://www.autodesk.com/support/system-requirements/certified-graphics-hardware/autocad 

It says desktop and notebook. 

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
samuelb8Y56V
in reply to: user181

I'll give it a go, it is an older drive than what I have currently installed, will be a couple hours before I come back to this due to other commitments

Message 6 of 11
samuelb8Y56V
in reply to: user181

Frustratingly, this wasn't the answer. If you can think of anything else that would be appreciated, thanks for trying.

Message 7 of 11
pendean

@samuelb8Y56V lately? So what changed with your setup?

We will also need to see the following screenshots from you please:

1) AutoCAD's ABOUT command pop-up
2) AutoCAD's GRAPHICSCONFIG command pop-up
3) Your OS's ABOUT command pop-up (show only the Windows version and the raw basics of your PC, hide your device name and user name etc.)

Thanks.
Message 8 of 11
samuelb8Y56V
in reply to: pendean

Please see attached, my new working theory is its a windows issue considering the OS isn't displaying the system spec properly.

Message 9 of 11
pendean

Thanks for the screenshots. This is why your ARCH2023 is sluggish

pendean_0-1707315978661.png

The program has downgraded to cope with your hardware/GPU driver being knocked out.

Are you on a laptop by chance?

Message 10 of 11
samuelb8Y56V
in reply to: pendean

Laptop no, and according to task manager GPU (RTX A2000) is "alive". 

Message 11 of 11
pendean

@samuelb8Y56V wrote:

Laptop no, and according to task manager GPU (RTX A2000) is "alive". 

But your AutoCAD thinks differently, and that's the problem

pendean_0-1707322569958.png

Start here https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-uses-the-w...

OR... Here is how to open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help (you can schedule an appointment and they can get into your PC):
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-find-my-sup... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report