Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection box problem: is this related to updated this morning to 2019.1.1?

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
mellishmcw
3009 Views, 27 Replies

Selection box problem: is this related to updated this morning to 2019.1.1?

I have a rather decent computer, 16gb ram, 4790k CPU, gtx 1080 gpu, and a razer deathadder elite mouse.

When making a CP rectangle (not in a command) :

I am moving the mouse as I click the second time.  

When I do this, nothing becomes selected.  

I have to come to a full stop as I click the mouse for items to be selected.

I hadnt noticed this before the update, but maybe it was there?

This is a real problem with drafting speed, and a huge annoyance at the moment.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
john.vellek
in reply to: mellishmcw

Hi @mellishmcw,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. When you describe you performing a CP rectangle does that mean you are trying to select and then copy?

I am unable to get this strange behavior on my side.  Can you try switching to a generic mouse to see if is related to the driver?

I would also like to see an NFO if you would prepare one for me. 

If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 28
mellishmcw
in reply to: john.vellek

I have tried with a generic mouse, and the problem persists.

I have deleted and reinstalled the mouse drivers for the current mouse, and
it persists.

I have turned it off and on again, and it persists.

Thanks for taking time out to work with me on this. Let me know if there
is anything else I can try on my side.
Message 4 of 28

Hi,

I also can't reproduce the issue.

>> I am moving the mouse as I click the second time. 

While moving the mouse before you click the second time, do you see the selection preview (commands get already highlighted)?

It might also help if you try that after a new start of your workstation, start AutoCAD with a new drawing and just one line .. same behavior?

When you turn off hardware acceleration (command _GRAPHICSCONFIG) ... same?

If nothing helped, can you please create a video (>>>Autodesk Screencast free<<<) and show us what you are exactly doing, maybe we have not done the steps in the exact same way. (I guess we do not discuss here the direction of the selection rectangle to make sure it's CP and not WP 😉 )

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 28
john.vellek

Hi @mellishmcw

While I wait for a NFO from you, can you check to see if you just received some Windows updates this week?  They likely got applied yesterday or today. If so, can you roll them back to see if the problem goes away?

Does changing your PICKDRAG variable make any difference? Try using 1 or 0.

Then, please export your settings for safekeeping and then perform  a Reset Settings to Default to see if that returns functionality to normal. ALternatively, another customer has had success by removing the update in the Control panel

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 28
GrantsPirate

I can reproduce that here on 2019.1.1 and I have no idea if it was working before.  I never thought about keeping the mouse moving while picking.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 28

Hi,

>> I never thought about keeping the mouse moving while picking

Hard for my hand too ... to not stop before clicking. My hand needed some hard "input" to do that 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 28
lynton.ivins

Exact same problem.  See my post, unfortunately I did find this post before I started mine.

Link to Post-----/autocad-forum/object-selection-issues-with-new-2019-1-1-update/m-p/8248536/highlig...

I am not convinced it has anything to do with the mouse.

See attached video I made, and note the inconsistency of the selection.

Message 9 of 28

I also can't reproduce the issue.

>> I am moving the mouse as I click the second time. 

While moving the mouse before you click the second time, do you see the selection preview (commands get already highlighted)?

I attached a video I took of the issue as an MP4 in the original post

It might also help if you try that after a new start of your workstation, start AutoCAD with a new drawing and just one line .. same behavior?

When you turn off hardware acceleration (command _GRAPHICSCONFIG) ... same?

Yes and yes.  I can also repeat the issue on another workstation here in the office.  

If nothing helped, can you please create a video (>>>Autodesk Screencast free<<<) and show us what you are exactly doing, maybe we have not done the steps in the exact same way. (I guess we do not discuss here the direction of the selection rectangle to make sure it's CP and not WP 😉 )

I will try.

Message 10 of 28
mellishmcw

While I wait for a NFO from you, can you check to see if you just received some Windows updates this week? Ive emailed it to you just a few short minutes ago,  hopefully you have gotten it.. They likely got applied yesterday or today. If so, can you roll them back to see if the problem goes away?

I havent received an update since 8/14. attached is the screen shot.

Does changing your PICKDRAG variable make any difference? Try using 1 or 0.

Im usually set at "2"

"1" is unusable

"0" has the same issue.

Then, please export your settings for safekeeping and then perform  a Reset Settings to Default to see if that returns functionality to normal.

I want to attempt resetting as a last resort.  And I will. after I work through the responses.  Thankyou.

ALternatively, another customer has had success by removing the update in the Control panel

Message 11 of 28
mellishmcw

Here is the screen cast:

Message 12 of 28
pendean

@john.vellek I just installed 2019.1.1 simply to test this problem (I normally wait 2-3-4 weeks for the all clear from early adopters) and I can confirm it exists as shown in the OP mp4 file. It is speed related, I let Windows run my Logitech mouse so it's not mouse driver related and has diddly-squat to do with video card drivers since the same test before 2019.1.1 installation could  not replicate the OPs video example.

Slower deliberate crossing window is not an issue in 2019.1.1.

same issue in LT2019.1.1 (you actually have to slow it down significantly, it is very pronounced) and ACA2019.1.1

Win10Pro 1803 here.

Message 13 of 28
john.vellek
in reply to: pendean

Thanks all,

This does appear to be a regression and I have it logged with the development team to investigate.

Thanks for your patience.  At this point in time, if you experience this behavior, the only way to remedy it is to rollback the 2019.1.1 update.

John Vellek

Message 14 of 28
mellishmcw

How do I roll back an autocad 2019 updated on windows 10 home?

Message 15 of 28
john.vellek

Hi @mellishmcw,

I made a  quick video to show how to do the rollback. Let me know if you need further help on this.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 16 of 28
mellishmcw

The problem is gone after the roll back.  

Thanks.

Message 17 of 28
sblock7FZFD

That is exactly the same issue I was having and it went away once I rolled back the update.  So, the issue is in the Autocad update and not the users computers.

Message 18 of 28

Hi,

Sounds like more and more people having that issue, I hope that update will be rejected as soon as possible (and for those already udpated a patch will be released).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 19 of 28
artc2
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The attached hotfix zip file should fix this problem for AutoCAD.  The attached readme gives more details and explains how to apply the hotfix.

You need to have the 2019.1.1 update installed before applying the hotfix.

Message 20 of 28
artc2
in reply to: artc2

Looks like the attachment selection didn't work correctly.  I did select a zip and a pdf, but the pdf was uploaded twice without the zip.  So, I'm trying again with the hotfix zip file.

This is the hotfix for 64-bit.  If anyone needs a 32-bit version, please let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost