Did you mean: 

Selection box not appearing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1497 Views, 3 Replies

Selection box not appearing

Good morning, 

Recently I have been getting the following issue more and more often. I have been using AutoCAD 2018 for MacBook for a long time but over the past few weeks it happens that I cannot see the selection box. 

AutoCAD works perfectly and I am completely able to work on it normally, almost. When having to select something, the cursor works and the selected objects do get highlighted but I cannot see the limits of the selection box and it is actually quite irritating.

It is worth mentioning that this happens exclusively at the moment the software is started -- never after a while.

When this happens, I need to restart the computer. It usually starts working okay after that but it is already lost time. 

Would you happen to know what could this be? 

Is it a glitch of the software? 

Screenshot - as you can see, the selected objects are highlighted but the limits of the selection box are not visible.Screenshot - as you can see, the selected objects are highlighted but the limits of the selection box are not visible.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I have been using AutoCAD 2018 for MacBook

i wonder what really you mean by selection box , we're here in AutoCAD ( plain ) forum ? you may need to ask here in this forum . AutoCAD for Mac Forum

All the best ... 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ennujozlagam

you can try this go to options > selection > tick implied windowing and allow press and drag for lasso and see if helps. thanks

OOPPS.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 4
vinodkl

Hi,

Check if you have "3DCONFIG" enabled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report