Did you mean: 

Select Similar

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
466 Views, 5 Replies

Select Similar

I have noticed that my select similar is gone from popup on my cursor menu. I  can get it to work by typing command but it was so much more useful when it was on sort cut menu. also my delete no longer works.(select something hit delete but..GONE) I can erase but have to type E then select it... when I came in this week and updated these changes took place. Help, I want my familiar shortcut/helpers back.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadologist
in reply to: Anonymous

Ensure the system variable PICKFIRST is set to 1.

For more information, refer to the following Autodesk Knowledge Network link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Au...

Chad Franklin
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadologist

THANK YOU! That fixed everything! AWESOMESmiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Cadologist

Glad it was a simple fix, have a great rest of your day, thanks for the kudos!!

Chad Franklin
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I had to update my civil 3-d and I have lost my select sim again. I have changed the pick first but I did not get the command back.

Message 6 of 6
Cadologist

Sorry for the slow reply, my apologies....

I would suggest looking into the link below. It covers Autodesk's recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures for AutoCAD. Whenever updates, etc. start to mess up commands and other functionality, it could be related to the software requiring a reinstall. If the software is not completely uninstalled, residual files may be left over and could impact the new install negatively.

Refer to the link below. Hope you can (or already have) gotten the issue resolved.  Happy New Year!

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Recomm...

Chad Franklin

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report