Did you mean: 

Select First

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
gliebermanFVVM4
741 Views, 7 Replies

Select First

NOTE: "PICKFIRST" variable does not correct this issue.

When I select an object, then issue a command, CAD is then asking me to perform the action again. For example, I select a line, right click and pick the "select similar" command. CAD will then select all line on the same layer as the one I selected. Then, while all these items are selected, I again right click and choose "display order" and "send to back". At this point, CAD asks me to select which objects. In the past, up until today, it would have moved all the selected lines to the back. Another example, I select an alignment, then right click, then choose "Offset Alignment" in the ribbon. It then asks me to select the alignment (even though I had it selected to issue the command). I have already tried the "pickfirst" setting and that did not solve the problem. Any help is much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cadffm
in reply to: gliebermanFVVM4

Message 3 of 8
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: cadffm

@cadffm wrote:

Pickfirst, then select a command, option enabled? ....

[They said so at the end of Message 1.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 8
cadffm
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

The original content was " I have already tried the "pickfirst" setting and that did not solve the problem. "

No word about the setting value he tried 🙂

@gliebermanFVVM4 

Select a line and TYPE IN: selectsimilar<enter>

Is it working now?

In this case you or a tool you used changed your qaflags setting.

Make sure the bit 1 is not set (for beginners without the knowledge: set qaflags to 0)

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
gliebermanFVVM4

@Kent1Cooper  see my response in bold. 

Is it working now? - Yes this part works. Then, while all items are still selected from the "selectsimilar" command, I right click and choose display order / move to back. Instead of moving all the selected similar items to the back as it always has in the past, it asks me a again to choose which items to move to the back. 

Make sure the bit 1 is not set (for beginners without the knowledge: set qaflags to 0)

Message 6 of 8
cadffm
in reply to: gliebermanFVVM4

@gliebermanFVVM4  schrieb:

@Kent1Cooper  see my response in bold. 

Is it working now? - Yes this part works. Then, while all items are still selected from the "selectsimilar" command, I right click and choose display order / move to back. Instead of moving all the selected similar items to the back as it always has in the past, it asks me a again to choose which items to move to the back. 

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
gliebermanFVVM4

@Kent1Cooper , I then followed your directions and tried the qaflags to 0. That fixed it. Thanks so much, you saved me so much grief!!!

Message 8 of 8

@gliebermanFVVM4 wrote:

@Kent1Cooper , I then followed your directions ....

[Not my directions -- I don't think I would have thought of that solution.]

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report