Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmented Circle,Arc and Ellipse Convert to Non-Segmented Object

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
833 Views, 2 Replies

Segmented Circle,Arc and Ellipse Convert to Non-Segmented Object

I have imported a dwg file from Sketchup, the problem is Arc, Circle and Curved lines are Segmented, I would like to convert it to non-segmented drawing so it is easy for me to put radius and snap to the right vertices. I found the right LSP for the circle but not for the arc and ellipse, when I tried it on the arc it will create a circle. 

Is there a way to convert this?? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

.... Arc, Circle and Curved lines are Segmented, I would like to convert it to non-segmented drawing .... I found the right LSP for the circle but not for the arc and ellipse....

That's one of mine.  Here's a modification for the Arc variety [untested]:

(defun C:PS2A (/ ss n pl pars); = Polyline{s} of Segments {to} Arc{s}
  (prompt "\nTo draw true Arcs over mult-segment Polylines approximating arcs,")
  (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "*POLYLINE"))))
  (repeat (setq n (sslength ss))
    (setq
      pl (ssname ss (setq n (1- n)))
      pars (vlax-curve-getEndParam pl); number of PARameterS
    ); setq
    (command "_.arc"
      "_none" (vlax-curve-getStartPoint pl)
      "_none" (vlax-curve-getPointAtParam pl (/ pars 2))
      "_none" (vlax-curve-getEndPoint pl)
    ); command
    (entdel pl); remove original [optional]
  ); repeat
); defun

You would need to select the ones that are Arc-like.  As with the Circle variety, it will draw an Arc between the start, somewhere in the middle, and the end, of any selected Polyline(s) of any shape.  [The circle one likewise, which you have already discovered.]  Something could be made that could determine arc-likeness, and do it to only those that qualify, but that would be quite a bit more complex.

For the Ellipse, what range of possibilities are there?  I can imagine a way to do it if they're always and only half-Ellipses between ends of the same axis, as in your image.  If not, I'm having a hard time picturing how a routine would be able to figure out the axis endpoints, which it will need to draw a true Ellipse.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thank you so much it works in a segmented arc and big help, but I don't think it will work on an ellipse, I'm a fan and user of your lisp. and it makes my work easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report