Did you mean: 

Scaling and exporting Need HELP!

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
372 Views, 1 Reply

Scaling and exporting Need HELP!

Hi I am just starting to learn autocad as part of my job and I have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to.

I have my first floor plan than I have drawn in autocad.

The unit type is engineering and insertion scale is in inches.

The grid x and y spacing is set at 0.5". 

Now when putting my drawing form autocad into a .pdf file, I need to scale this drawing to  the scale of 1/4" = 1'. 

So a quarter inch = a foot.

I know how to export a .dwg to pdf file using the plotting function. I know there is a scale function in autocad and furthermore a scaling option in the export mini browser. But I do not know how to use it to scale to this particular scaling system.

Furthermore, when I use the scaling function, the dimensions that I have plotted on the floor plan do not seem to resemble anything useful after attempting to scale to the setting I need. Is this an unavoidable side effect or can it be helped?

Can I have some help please?

Attached is the drawing I am talking about.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I know how to export a .dwg to pdf file using the plotting

>> function. I know there is a scale function in autocad

Please do not scale your object just to plot, instead create a layout with the papersize you want to have for your PDF, in this layout create one viewport and that viewport has a "standard scale" setting (or "custom scale" for the ones who want to type in the value) which defines the relation between model-size and plot-size. So it does not scale the object itself, it only displays the content zoomed out or in to match the viewport-scale setting.

>> the dimensions that I have plotted on the floor plan do not

>> seem to resemble anything useful after attempting to scale

>> to the setting I need

No problem if you don't scale your object 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report