Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale issues when .dwg opened in anything other than AutoCAD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
a.khan87CQF
225 Views, 1 Reply

Scale issues when .dwg opened in anything other than AutoCAD

Hi guys, I have made some 3D models in AutoCAD. I have sent them over to other people, when they are opened on the other end the scale changes. A tube with an outer diameter of 50mm becomes 1270mm and other models up by a different scale. I myself opened them on Autodesk Fusion 360 to find the same isssue, why is this happening? and how can I prevent this from happening? I would design on Fusion but my computer struggles to run it and on top of that I prefer the tools on AutoCAD and am lacking in Fusion knowhow, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: a.khan87CQF

1270/50 = 25.4, a metric vs backwards imperial scale difference, they are either doing more that just opening your file (Xrefing it in or inserting it in or something) or are not using AutoCAD at all?

Reach out to them and find out why they are scaling to imperial (feet/inches) scaling, perhaps your file is reading as inches and not mm. -DWGUNITS command (there is a dash in the name when you type it) will confirm what units your DWG file is actually set to be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report