Did you mean: 

Rotate a drawing an not the text.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
11082 Views, 6 Replies

Rotate a drawing an not the text.

I have a project that I have been working on and have about 300 hrs into it and when I submitted it to the customer they now want me to rotate it 180 degrees. The drawing is very detailed and has alot of test between all the room names, device tags & circuit designations. Does anyone know a way I can rotate or mirror the drawing and not have to re-do all the text?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
filipefrancisco
in reply to: Anonymous

select all the text that you want to rotate,only the text, and them in properties put the rotate angle

Filipe Francisco
Comunidade Autodesk - Português - Colaborador
Autodesk Certified Instructor | AutoCAD Certified | Revit Architecture Certified | Autodesk Expert Elite

YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN

Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou.

If the answer solved your problem, click Accept as Solution. This helps other users to quickly find an answer. And hit Like if you do.

Autodesk Community

Message 3 of 7
steve216586

Mirror the drawing. Make sure the variable MIRRTEXT=0

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks. This will help a lot.

Thanks,
Mike Toups
Engineering Technician
Red Hawk Fire & Security Company SFM #F311
[cid:image001.png@01CD6FF1.D4879830]
3303 Tulane Ave., Suite 1
New Orleans, LA 70119
Tel 504.821.9725 Fax 504.827.1020
Mobile: (504) 234-6293
mike.toups@redhawkus.com www.redhawkus.com
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: steve216586

Thanks........Works like a charm.

Message 6 of 7
Kent1Cooper

Mirroring is not the same as Rotating 180 degrees, unless the building is completely symmetrical in the direction appropriate to the mirror axis.  [But I guess you could Mirror it twice, about perpendicular axes.]  And setting a rotation angle to all Text collectively in the Properties box will work as you want only if all Text is initially at the same rotation.  If you might have any Text/Mtext not all at the same initial rotation, try the attached SpinText.lsp routine with its eponymous command.  It rotates Text and Mtext objects about each one's insertion point by whatever amount you designate [in your sample case, accept the default 180 degrees], and it lets you either select objects or just ask it to do it to all Text/Mtext objects in the drawing.

Note that it keeps the insertion point of each Text/Mtext entity where it is, so only things that are middle-center justified will "stay in the same place" when rotated.  It would certainly be possible to make a routine that would rotate each around the middle of its individual bounding box, so that they would stay in the same place, but in the case of Mtext the bounding box extends to the width of the defining box, whether or not the content uses all of that width, so such objects could shift in position.  There are routines around here to pull the defining-box width of Mtext down to match its content, which could alleviate that problem if applied before SpinText.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Kent,

Thanks for the explanation but for what I am doing the MIRRTEXT set to "0" and mirroring the drawing twice got me where I need to be. I rotated it north-south then east-west and it put me right where I need to be

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report