Did you mean: 

Repath Toolpalette blocks

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rhoscadman
842 Views, 5 Replies

Repath Toolpalette blocks

Hi, I have been struggling with this for a few days and have read all the suggestions posted previously on this forum.

OK, here goes: Years ago I created toolpalettes for a company's blocks by using adcentre. I stored/exported the .xtp and subsequently the .atc files on the company server. There must be 250+ blocks used by this company.

I have since transferred all the blocks and .xtp and .atc files to my computer at home. Now all these toolpalettes need repathing so until now I have just repathed them through "properties" on the toolpalette bar as and when required. But this is now getting a mite tedious and have been looking for a method to repath all the palettes in bulk and have tried the NotePad find/replace option in both types of files (.atc and .xtp) but when I open autocad (2019) again it keeps telling me it cannot find the .dwg file folder even though I directed the path to the new location.

Could someone please, please, please show me step by step how to do it correctly?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
S.Faris
in reply to: rhoscadman

Hi, These *.XTP files are exported from office right? In that case I don't think you need the *.ATC files.

Try these steps:

1. Copy the DWG files with the blocks to the desired location in your pc.
  2. Make a copy of the exported *.XTP file and Open it in Notepad to find&replace the path pointing to the new location from step-1
  3. Make sure that there are no *.ATC files with conflicting names(with your *.XTC file names) in your current palettes folder (c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\R18.1\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes)
  4. Now open Autocad and press 'CTRL+3' or type 'TP' and press Enter. This will bring up the Tool palettes.
  5. Right click inside the Tool Palette and Click on Customize Palettes.
  6. Inside the Customize Window, Right click on any of the names in the Palettes area and select Import and select the newly edited *.XTC files from Step-2

before posting this, I had changed the filename and the path of my toolpalette blocks. I folowed these steps on my PC, and it got the job done. 

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 6
rhoscadman
in reply to: S.Faris

Many thanks, Salmanul. I now understand where I had been going wrong previously.

I had been going through the find/replace operation in Notepad from halfway down the file, so all the paths above that remained unchanged!! This time I started from the top and hey, presto!! Problem solved!!

Robert.

Message 4 of 6
rhoscadman

Hi, I'm back again.

Whilst I was initially successful, there are a couple of .xtp files that are not being recognised as .xtp files

I have done the find/replace operation as previously but there are two that won't play ball. Any ideas?

Robert.

Message 5 of 6
S.Faris

Are those files accepted by Import, prior to editing? if so find and replace might have messed the syntax of the file

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 6 of 6
rhoscadman
in reply to: S.Faris

Yup. I have a horrible feeling you are right. I'll try again with other .xtp files and see if they work. Otherwise I might have to resort to the old "Drag and Drop" from Adcentre trick.

Thanks anyway.

Robert.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report