Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENDERING

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
217 Views, 2 Replies

RENDERING

If I try to render, even with the simplest rendering settings my laptop crashes. Both laptop and program (AutoCAD 2016 Student Version) are 64 bit. I have tried the corresponding service pack and all relevant upgrades yet problem not solved. I would ever much appreciate some help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear you're crashing every time you try to render.

Have you send in any crash reports? Could you provide the CER numbers here? I'd be happy to look them up.

You could start by checking that you meet the system requirements for AutoCAD 2016, and also making sure that your graphics card and the installed driver version are certified.

If you need help determining this, feel free to post your system information file (NFO) here, and I'll be happy to take a look. (You may need to compress it into a ZIP folder first.)

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

glad to see your rendering with autocad, lots of times, visual c++ might get corrupted and needs to be uninstalled/ re-installed,

also .net framework can have simlar issues and is the more likely culprit, also are you using the standard render settings when commencing the render?

ie: presets high or presentaion or are you going custom and going for the best you can do for final project?

also which version? 2016 i found renders prettys good either with rapid rt or the mental ray engine-both are crisp and smooth in the newer versions

but have very different times and result, but i use aca2015 and use mental ray render engine.

if i can get the details, and mabye size of file and matching that with the memory limit in the processing, and corresond with the avail. ram on the computer (another possible issue).

let me know and we'll get you going!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report