Did you mean: 

Renaming blocks error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
joe_kohli
498 Views, 5 Replies

Renaming blocks error

Is there a work-around for this error? I am trying to rename some old block names to newer block names and I keep getting this error message. Can this be fixed?

joe_kohli_0-1713872136384.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: joe_kohli

@joe_kohli ,

@joe_kohli wrote:

Is there a work-around for this error? I am trying to rename some old block names to newer block names and I keep getting this error message. Can this be fixed?

Avoid a duplicate name. Use another name like I-FM (1) instead.

ValentinWSP_0-1713873663002.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 6
joe_kohli

Ok, what if I were take the blocks that were named "I-FM" and erased them from the drawing and then tried it again? They all HAVE to be named "I-FM" from IFM. How would I do this? I tried to erase them (all the "I-FM") but it still shows up in the item list of the rename window.

Message 4 of 6
Valentin-WSP

@joe_kohli ,

Use purge and then rename.

• PURGE (Command)  - Removes unused items, such as block definitions and layers, from the drawing.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 6
Kent1Cooper

@joe_kohli wrote:

.... what if I were take the blocks that were named "I-FM" and erased them from the drawing ....

Are the IFM and I-FM Blocks different?  If they're the same except for the name, and it's just the name that you want to correct to have only one for that Block, look into the BLOCKREPLACE command.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 6
joe_kohli

Thank you Kent1Cooper! This works perfect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report