Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reccomendations for running Autocad through Citrix

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jemneedham
1140 Views, 3 Replies

Reccomendations for running Autocad through Citrix

Basically the company i work for has a remote server running Windows Server 2012 R2 which we access through Citrix

I'am having problems with larger files generally anything over 15MB, it takes about 4 minitues to PDF anything and even small commands take ages.

I wanted to increase the VRAM available to ACAD but i have been told its not the same process as for a standard desktop setup? Surely even with a suvery you can increase the virtual memory thats available....

I also cant turn on the hardware acceleration which i've assumed is to do with an out of date graphics card driver? 

Any advise on the set-up or requirements for a citrix based server system would be great as the guys maintaining the system have little knowledge of ACAD software. 

HELP ME PLEASE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jemneedham

The link below will tell you the 2016 products (and previous products) that will run on Citrix.  There are links on the page to FAQ's and system requirements...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13959101#_ga=1.170870565.466247139.144286...

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jemneedham

This might help as well.  Performance issues running Citrix...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 4
jemneedham
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thank you! 

Any ideas why i cant turn on hardware acceleration? 

i would check my graphics card drivers and ram myself but the guys who manage our system dont allow us to! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta