Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Stuttering

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
hmo-2000
2422 Views, 18 Replies

Random Stuttering

Hi, 

I have Lenovo laptop and I get random stutters after I install AutoCAD. I'm sure of it. Same with 2021 and 2022 versions. I was working with the problem since one year.

There is even a topic in Lenovo forum: Legion 5P 15ARH05H micro stutters-English Community (lenovo.com)

This is a video to show stutter: Legion 5 - 15ARH05H 82B1 Audio/Video Freezes - YouTube

These are my specs: Legion,Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05,Model:82b500cktx 

CPU: Ryzen 5 4600H
GPU: GTX 1650

I cannot directly contact with AutoDesk. I think the problem is with my student license. I cannot use even my laptop when AutoCAD is installed. Can you please help me? 

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: hmo-2000

@hmo-2000 ,

Have you looked into the suggestions on this link:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 19
rkmcswain

Not that this is likely to be causing your problem, but that is a gaming card.

Have you considered using something that Autodesk has tested and certified?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 19
hmo-2000

I'm advanced user and I'm working on the problem since October 2020. I solved problems about my laptop step by step. This is like that for one year. Whenever I install AutoCAD, I got stutters. If I remove AutoCAD, I got no stutters. This is just simple and not user error. It is not related with my drivers. Maybe, like your mention, it can be about "not certified hardware". This is interesting but I wont write it if I was not sure. I have GTX 1050, i5-4670 desktop and no problem with it.

"Every time I install AutoCAD, I have the problem. My laptop is working properly now but I just install AutoCAD and didnt install another thing recently and this happened again. We should think big. Not related with my computer and settings."

In addition, integrated Radeon graphics is disabled by BIOS, so I use "Discrete Graphics".

please check this (search for autocad in the page): Ryzen 4800H (FX506IU) stutters every 4-5 hours —...

this quote is from above link : 

"And then, I install DTS sound which missing (an ASUS required soft that make laptop speaker sound good) and AutoCAD Mechanical, restart then

• This Issue come back
  • In a ramdom day it's happen just 1 time, very rare, totally happy with it
  • i know how it's look like: Sound come weird like lag, mouse stuttering, every function became stutter 2-3 seconds so dont think i confused that stuttering with somethings else "

The link shows that it is related with ryzen 4XXXH processors and AutoDesk. He tried different AutoDesk program with different gpu (1660 ti) and he has the problem as well.
Message 5 of 19
Valentin-WSP

@hmo-2000 ,

@hmo-2000 wrote:

In addition, integrated Radeon graphics is disabled by BIOS, so I use "Discrete Graphics".

Try the suggestions on this other link:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 6 of 19
rkmcswain

@hmo-2000 wrote:

Every time I install AutoCAD, I have the problem.

So you're saying that this PC is perfectly fine, until you install AutoCAD, then the entire PC slows down? And if you UNinstall AutoCAD, it reverts back to it's normal PC operation?

Have you opened a case with Autodesk? You need to make them aware of this. See links below.

• Here are the various Autodesk support offerings. You may need to be logged into your Autodesk Account in order to see an accurate list of the options available to you.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 19
hmo-2000
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain Thanks for your attention and links. I will give a feedback for that. Yes, you are right. If I uninstall AutoCAD, it reverts back to normal. 

Message 8 of 19
Charles_pacatan

same problem here, all autodesk softwares I installed made my laptop stutters about 1-2 times a day in a split second. It's so annoying

Message 9 of 19
Charles_pacatan

Hello guys, is there now a solution to this issue? please let me know. I already downgrade my 316 bios to 315, but still the stutter came up. I kinda regret buying this model (ASUS TUF A17 FA706IU).

Message 10 of 19
pendean
in reply to: Charles_pacatan

>>>...about 1-2 times a day...<<<
@Charles_pacatan That's not a reproducible problem: most likely its your laptop or video card or something simple like wifi/Bluetooth connection. You need an I.T. or repair shop fix instead.

Message 11 of 19
nrz13

My guess is it's one of AutoCAD's background processes that is always running regardless of whether the program is running or not.  That would explain the lag when it's installed vs. uninstalled.  Uninstalling removes the background processes.  As a test, try this:

1) Open Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
2) Click on the "Details" tab
3) Right-click on one of the following and select "End task". Then test to see if the lag persists.  If it does, then try the next one and so on.
AdAppMgrSvc.exe
AdskLicensingService.exe
GenuineService.exe
Any others with an Autodesk logo

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 12 of 19
salazar.luis

Hi guys,

Same problem here, not that severe as the one on the video which shows like a second of stutter, but like 300 miliseconds and you can tell cause the sound rattles and everything you are doing kinda micro-freezes in that moment (either you are gaming, watching a video or listening to music). The thing is that I'm using a desktop PC, so that's not related only to laptops. I noticed that problem like a month or two ago and at first, thought was due to the CPU overclock (which has AIO to keep cool temps) and GPU undervolt but after a lot of tests, with stock settings (factory settings) and overclock/undervolt settings, none of my hardware shows any signs of corruption so I proceeded to make a clean install of Windows (upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10). The problem seemed solved, even reapplying the old overclock settings to the CPU and undervolt to GPU, and after 2 days of testing without issues, I decided to install the software I needed, just to find that after installing Autocad and Revit, the problem reappeared.

Of course I thought that could be some sort of background service causing that issue so I uninstalled a lot of things that came with the software, leaving only the necessary to work kinda bare-bones (capture below), but the problem still there.

1111111.png

My setup is:

Ryzen 1700 with AIO, overclocked to 3800 mhz

16 gb of RAM at 3200 mhz

RTX 2060 MSI Gaming Z undervolted at 85% in Afterburner to prevent high temps

MoBo Msi B350 Tomahawk

SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500gb

HDD Toshiba 7200 rpm 1tb

PSU Thermaltake Smart Series 600W 80+ White

Message 13 of 19
nrz13
in reply to: salazar.luis

Did you try killing the processes I mentioned to the original poster in my post above?  Were you able to identify which process (if any) is causing the lag?

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 14 of 19
salazar.luis
in reply to: nrz13

The only one I can find is AdskLicensingService.exe, maybe cause I uninstalled a lot of things that came with Autodesk software, but I'll try and report in a few hours if something changed doing that. Thanks for the help.
Message 15 of 19
salazar.luis
in reply to: nrz13

Well, didn't have to wait hour of testing. The stutter problem just hapened to me again even with AdskLicensingService.exe process/service killed 😕
Message 16 of 19
hmo-2000

I have an advice for anyone who encountered this problem.

Disable fTPM on systems that have an AMD processor. I tried it and seems no problem now for me. 

Message 17 of 19
salazar.luis

Thanks for the advice, but I have a question: is there any real consequence if I disable that using Widows 11? Cause obviously I turned on that feature in order to be able to install that OS and I don't wanna go back, I really like Windoes 11

Message 18 of 19
Charles_pacatan

but where can I locate the ftpm disable option, mine is asus tuf a17 laptop, i already searched from f2 internal settings.

Message 19 of 19
William.Wijono

Very late to the party here, but I've also just traced the FTPM stutter issues I have to Autodesk's stuff. I haven't verified this, and I am only using this as a literal last resort due to an issue either from AMD, ASUS or Autodesk (****, three A's) causing this specific issue on AMD laptop chips.
I think the issue is related to the Windows Service FlexNet Licensing Service 64, so I'm going to disable the service for about a whole week and re-enable it if I ever need to for Autodesk stuff. Anyone still experiencing this issue can try this, though I have not figured out if this will work.
What I CAN say with confidence is Autodesk is the latest software I know that is causing this issue on my laptop after a reformat, which shows me that this fTPM stutter issue is related to some applications on a computer.

EDIT: After further testing I can confirm this fixed the issue for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report