Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Undo" mouse button?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
3253 Views, 14 Replies

"Undo" mouse button?

Hey guys, having a weird thought moment.

Is there a way for your mouse's "back" button to be set as an "undo" button for AutoCAD? I see in the CUI there's Mouse Buttons, but I don't see anything referring to the "back" button (on the side of the mouse, next to your thumb). I doubt there'd be a way, I just thought it'd be handy.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Buy a programmable mouse and assign a button to Ctrl+Z would do what you need.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Hmm. I have a cordless microsoft mouse. Also, I saw in CUI I can "add a button" but I don't know how to tell AutoCAD which button on the mouse I mean.
Message 4 of 15
nestly2

So your mouse already had more than 3 buttons?  You should be able to use the mouse software to assign them.

All the mice I use have at least 5 buttons, 3 of which are use for the "normal" functions, and the first two programmable buttons are "Cancel" and "Undo"

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Yeah, there are four. Right, left, middle scroll, and the back button. In the CUI it just says "add a button" as like adding a function I think. It won't let me designate which button I'm trying to specify
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Also, looking in the mouse options, I don't see anything relating to programming the back button.
Message 7 of 15
nestly2

AFAIK. you have to do it through the mouse software, not AutoCAD.

Here's a demo I made 5 years ago using Intellipoint for a 5 button MS mouse.  In this case, button 5 is assigned to Esc/cancel  http://www.screencast.com/t/dlxNAWwg6xS9

Message 8 of 15
Patchy

The button you're looking are all CLICK. Years ago was made for tablet, up to 16 button; it doesn't mean you add another click button for a mouse.

here is a back button assign pic.back.png

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Yes, I got that. But mine doesn't have a dropdown list like that. This is all I get.

Capture.PNG

Message 10 of 15
Patchy

Have you installed the driver for this mouse? otherwise, windows still runs with all the buttons there but you can't customize.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

I'm unable to, since our IT department are nazi's and won't let anybody do ANYTHING on our computers. I'm surprised I can even use google, it's that ridiculous around here.
Message 12 of 15
Patchy

It's getting that way here too, i'm losing my freedom of surfing, got to buy IT guy his lunch today.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Do robots even eat lunch, though? Maybe I should get some lug nuts. Robots like lug nuts, right?
Message 14 of 15
Patchy

They block off my youtube until I told them even autodesk post stuff there, that's when I get my youtube back.

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

Yeah, they blocked my Pandora claiming "it was why AutoCAD keeps crashing". It's not, our computers just suck. Also, that's why they keep crashing months after no Pandora use. Luckily the WiFi is pretty good, and I can use my phone for music.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report