Quonset hut - emkay hut

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
466 Views, 2 Replies

Quonset hut - emkay hut

Hi everyone!

Im looking for help!

I want to design an "emkay hut" using k-span sheets from a roll forming machine, but Im having problems with the top of the roof. As they are curved, the k-span sheets have an special shape that makes difficult to join two sheets in the top.

Im designing an H beam to insert the sheets from both sides on it, but i would like to know if there is any other solution.

Thank you all! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

This sounds like an interesting project.

Can you share the drawing you have done so far?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to design an "emkay hut" using k-span sheets from a roll forming machine, but Im having problems with the top of the roof. As they are curved, the k-span sheets have an special shape that makes difficult to join two sheets in the top.

I don't think they do  this with joints at the top, but the sheets curve continuously across  the top.  For example, see this video.  Or am I misunderstanding what you're after?

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report