Did you mean: 

Questions about perpetual licence retirement

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
675 Views, 5 Replies

Questions about perpetual licence retirement

1. As a developer, can we still use several AutoCAD releases at the same time and does this new policy of elimination of perpetual licences impact us ?
  2.  As an OEM partner, does this new policy impact us ?
  3.  Regarding our final customer using our product on AutoCAD base platform, will the update be automatic as soon as the new release is available ?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Cheers

Celine

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Desktop Subscription is actually the same as Standalone licensing, we just added a small bit of code to 'login' to our system to check entitlement.  If you are a developer or on ADN, we may have more detailed licensing options and policies as we get closer to last call for perpetual licenses.

If you buy perpetual license today and you keep it on Subscription, you will be able to continue perpetual licenses.  It is in the price book that we will not be selling it anymore.

Desktop Subscription licenses will require you to be connected to the internet to check entitlement.

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: david.lau

We just opened this section too...you can ask your question here as well.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/perpetual-license-retirement/bd-p/2015

David Lau
Message 4 of 6
ParishSouthBdx
in reply to: david.lau

I too have a question regarding Perpetual licensing and the upcoming effects.

We purchased Inventor LT 2012 Suite approx the same year.  Since then we were entitled to an upgrade to Inventor LT 2014 Suite.  We were provided new serial no.s and prod key back around christmas that just passed.  We were waiting to install new workstations and waited to install the inventor until that time which took place Friday..  I next went to get prices on maintenance subscription for the various term lengths for the Inventor LT 2014 Suite, like we have on all our AutoCAD products.

How do I go about doing that?  A aquaintance of mine informed me that I coiuldnt purchase a Maintenance  subscription contract  for the Inventor product.

Please advise

Message 5 of 6
crystal.r
in reply to: ParishSouthBdx

Hi @ParishSouthBdx!

Typically Maintenance Subscriptions can only be added to the current release of software, so you would need to have the 2016 release to do so. As of February 1st 2015, Autodesk no longer offers upgrade pricing, but I can look into other avenues for your to upgrade.

Crystal Righetti
Message 6 of 6
ParishSouthBdx
in reply to: crystal.r

thank you Crystal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report