Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBLISH command throws up HP Notifications and stalls

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
owen66
261 Views, 4 Replies

PUBLISH command throws up HP Notifications and stalls

We have a couple users that, when dragging files into the PUBLISH dialog, they see this popup:

owen66_0-1686242676538.png

and the PUBLISH dialog just spins and spins... the above notification pops up repeatedly, with seemingly no progress in loading the sheets into the list of sheets to be plotted.

The DWG has page setups for all our printers, and the users have this printer installed as a system printer, so that should be ok. (I've found that if a dwg has a page setup for a printer that is not installed on your local machine it can search and search for the printer)

I have HP Smart installed on my machine as well, but never see this pop up.

Does anyone know what in a DWG file initializes the HP Smart app?

"Aah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention...science has it all."
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: owen66

Ask your IT folks: looks like you folks are trying to print to something not fully set up nor ready or recently upgraded/updated.
Message 3 of 5
owen66

I AM the IT folks!

Not sure why, but copy/pasting everything to a new dwg file made it not pop the dialog up on those other machines.

But before that, I had wiped out all the existing page setups and replaced them with our latest. Still popped the dialog up.

I tried different setups being set current. Still popped up.

I finally noticed that when one user opened the Page Setup Manager, they could select each page setup individually, and when they hit a particular one, THAT one popped up the message.

The settings on the surface are the same in that old set up as on the current (latest setup), so it doesn't seem to be anything that I can get a handle on through the UI.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good old copy/paste to a new dwg seems to do the trick. Would just love to know.

"Aah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention...science has it all."
Message 4 of 5
pendean

@owen66 wrote:

I AM the IT folks!

That's funny 🙂 Glad the fix was to eliminate a particular pagesetup.

Message 5 of 5
owen66
in reply to: pendean

In case anyone sees this in the future, we actually didn't eliminate the page setup, we just moved all the linework to a new dwg file and then added the exact same page setups as were in the old file.

I checked the Setup settings between the new file and the old file and the settings were identical. Our dirvers haven't changed at all either, so I'm not really sure why the old file was launching the HP Smart app and why it was only on SOME machines. The old file on MY machine worked fine. The new file works on everyone's machine (works = doesn't launch HP Smart)

Anyway, thanks Dean!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report