Properties Palette does not auto scroll when hover the mouse

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
B-Lefty.exe
1623 Views, 9 Replies

Properties Palette does not auto scroll when hover the mouse

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to AutoCad. Previously, I used AutoCad Structure Detailing 2014 with properties palette docked on the left. When I select an object and hover mouse to the palette, it automatically pop out and I can scroll the mouse's middle button without click at the palette. But now I'm using  AutoCad 2016, I have to click at palette to scroll to see more items.

Is there any variables which control this feature?

Thanks all for your help!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: B-Lefty.exe

Hi,

there is no variable for a service as you describe.beside propolities (Ctrl+1) dialog that appears, you can either by double click the object or by QP command line have another small quick proprieties dialog. (see attached) you can also add more options by CUI command.

qp.png

Message 3 of 10
Ruffy85

HI @B-Lefty.exe

I dont know if i understand you perfektly but some things first.

1. in AutoCAD you have a property palette, a quick property window and a tool palettes.

2. the property palette you can open with RMB -> properties

3. the quick properties you can open with RMB->quick properties

4. the tool palettes you can open with Strg+3

5. All pallettes are dockable. Click the palette and move it to the border of your window, the palette will dock automatically and the position.

6. your palettes can be minimized if you click the small icon (see screenshot)

1.PNG

thy symbol jumps at the location where the palette is docked. so if you are docking on left side the symbol is at the left side, if you dockign on the right its on the right site. sometimes its on the top and only clickable if you hover your mouse on the title.

So...

in your situation. if you docking your palette on the left site of the window and click on the "auto..." then your palette will be minimized

2.PNG

if you hover with your mouse on it. the palette pops up and you can scroll down the properties with your mouse.

Hope thats it what your are looking for.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 4 of 10
B-Lefty.exe
in reply to: imadHabash

@imadHabash: Thanks for your support. I'll take QP as an alternative option. However, if you get any info about this issue, plz let me know.

@Ruffy85: Thanks for your reply, but seems you haven't gotten my point yet.

Message 5 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @B-Lefty.exe,

@imadHabash is correct that this feature is not present in AutoCAD. If you select an object and then hover over a properties palette, the mouse wheel acts as if it is still in the model and will try to zoom.

This is as designed. There is not a variable that allows a hover setting to be adjusted to pick focus in a palette.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @B-Lefty.exe

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 10
B-Lefty.exe
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @john.vellek:

Thank for your explaination and pardon me for my late confirm.

I was installing AutoCad Structure Detailing 2014 on another computer, and the palette was activated without clicking. It's not very annoying but I just don't know why. However, as @imadHabash suggested, I've customized quick properties palette for alternative.

Message 8 of 10
RobDraw

I've noticed this happening in a lot of places and other programs since switching to Windows 10.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 9 of 10
B-Lefty.exe
in reply to: RobDraw

Oh, you remind me about the OS. Btw, windows 10 allows me to activate properties palette without clicking while windows 8.1 doesn't.
Message 10 of 10
pa.afonso

Hello!

I know the thread is old enough, but, today i was searching about this issue, and i've just found how to solve it.

You will need to check your windows configuration on pressing (windows key) then typing "mouse settings". After that, check the "Scroll inactive windows when hovering over them" box, it may be active.

i found that solution at: https://www.cad-notes.com/the-mouse-scroll-button-is-not-scrolling-the-inactive-autocad-palette/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report