Did you mean: 

problem with the command line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1373 Views, 4 Replies

problem with the command line

When i enter line as a command, and then try to enter a certain length, it gives me this long number instead of my length. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> then try to enter a certain length, it gives me this long number

Sorry, not clear what you mean by "this long number".

In most cases when an input to a command line does not work as expected it's worth to play with the dynamic input setting (icon in status bar or <F12>).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
imadHabash

Hi and Welcome to AutoCAD Forum,

>> When i enter line as a command, and then try to enter a certain length, it gives me this long number instead of my length. <<

i just want to remind that you have first to specify start point with mouse then when asked for next point enter your needed distance. if not that your issue please try to describe it more . 

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Indeed, it had to do with the dynamic settings. I got more specific help through the internet. But the actual problem was that that instead of letting me type in the length I needed, it gave me something similar to a longtitude and latitude. Problem solved though.
Message 5 of 5
kokolioko123

Found this looking via google, had the same problem now it's fixed, thanks to the forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report