Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with numberbox/mesurementbox staying locked in middle of line, and not following when zomming in.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
benj844g
205 Views, 5 Replies

problem with numberbox/mesurementbox staying locked in middle of line, and not following when zomming in.

hey guys

i have a problem with the numberbox when drawing lines in Autocad2024.
in the older version when i clicked on a line the messurement box would show in the middle of line with the messurement from end to end, and when zooming in the box would follow and stay in screen on the line and not stay locked in the middle og the line.

i have looked in settings but can't find where is change the setings, so when drawing line zommed in the messurement box will follow and stay in screen on not stay locked in the middle.

hope some in here know the solution, so i dont have to zoom in and out all the time to see the messurenent.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: benj844g

Do you mean DYNMODE (setting of 3)?
Message 3 of 6
benj844g

Many of us use the DRAW LINE DATA BOX to show the distance from a-b but that only works for short distance becauce the data box stays locked in the middle of line, so when drawing long lines or zooming in the box showing the distance stays in the middle of the line and out of view when zooming in or drawing a long line. thats make it unuseable for messureing a distance from A-B. older version had it, so when drawing from A-B the data box would follow close to the side of B when hovering over where you want to point b (it worked as a messurement device when clikking from A and going to b hovering over it) now i stays in the middle where you can't see it when drawing long lines or zooming in to hover over point B....

How do you make the input box/distance Box follow your line when zooming in or drawing long lines where the middle is not visible...

Message 4 of 6
benj844g
in reply to: pendean

dynmode or dynmode 3 is not problem...
or it is kind of...
how come the box when drawing a line from A-B stays locked in the middle of line you want to draw...
when drawing a looooong line the box stays in the middle and you often end up not seeing the box becauce it is out of view becauce it stays in the middle.

Message 5 of 6
Ed.Jobe

I'm not sure what you mean by "DRAW LINE DATA BOX", since that is not an AutoCAD term. Do you mean Dynamic Input? First can you make sure that you have Dynamic Input and Direct Distance Entry turned on as shown below. With Direct Distance Entry, you don't need to pan/zoom. Just enter the distance you want.

acad dynamic input.png

To keep the input box, near the cursor, check the option below.

acad dynamic input 2.png

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Kent1Cooper

If I understand correctly, you can also see what you want in the Coordinates display in the Status line at the bottom, regardless of Zoom level or even whether every part of what you're doing goes off-screen.

If Coordinates are not showing there, pick on the "hamburger" icon at lower right, and turn it on [it's the top of the list].  If it's not showing the kind of information you want, pick inside it to change information mode, or right-click in it to select from the possibilities -- read about them >here< [you want "Relative"]. 

Read about the Status line >here< for more information.  Its first image shows Coordinates on, while its second image [list of items] shows it un-checked.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta