Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of opening a RECAP point cloud on AUTOCAD

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
537 Views, 2 Replies

Problem of opening a RECAP point cloud on AUTOCAD

Hello,

I created a DWG file under AUTOCAD in which I linked a POINT NUAGE created under RECAP to the RCS format. My problem is that when I try to open the DWG file on another station, the POINT CLOUD does not appear, only the cage is present but not the CLOUD. However, I have created a directory in which to find the DWG file, with the RCS file and the support directory of the POINT NUAGE but nothing is done. On the other station AUTOCAD is installed but not RECAP. Is the problem coming from there? If a customer asks me to provide a POINT CLOUD under AUTOCAD will it necessarily need both software to exploit the POINT NUAGE? Thank you in advance for your answers and advice. Cordially.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Is there a reason not to have Recap installed on all the AutoCAD computers? It should be included by default.

Please make sure that you also include the Support folder  for the RCS. Is this available on both workstations?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or question. Please mark my post as the solution if it resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report