Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing to scale with units within CAD model space in Metres

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scmackenzie
330 Views, 2 Replies

Printing to scale with units within CAD model space in Metres

I am trying to print drawings to scale with my model space units in M. the only way in can get my drawings to print off to scale is by converting them to mm by increasing the scale by 1000x. is there any way thta i can leave my drawings in metres and be able to print to scale. i am using autocad lt.

Thanks 

Labels (1)
  • sc
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
richard_387
in reply to: scmackenzie

Perhaps the plotting dialogue box does not give unambiguous assistance when trying to set it up.

If you go to the area that says Plot scale, then it you choose custom scale you then can fill in figures. Remember that AutoCAD uses mm in metric mode.

So the first space to fill in has the units mm default. Just scroll down until you find m. If you can't find m, then change the 1 to 1000. Then the next space is for units, so you put in your chosen scale, for example 250 for plotting at 1 to 250.

If you are plotting without a drawing frame, then choose the area to plot by window, and check the centre the plot button. Always do a full preview to see whether you have got it right.

Plot-dialogue.PNG

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: scmackenzie

@scmackenzie Plot scales in AutoCAD are in mm: instead of scaling your actual drawing content (always a bad idea), you're encouraged to just do the math to create an informed choice of scale instead.

Can you share your DWG file here so we can touch it an confirm that is indeed your issue?
And what plot scale are you trying to use?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report