Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4248 Views, 7 Replies

Plotting Problem

Since I upgraded from Acad 2014 to 2015 I can no longer plot to our plotter (HP DesignJet 1055CM). I get an error message:-

ERROR: The device has reported an unknown error.

The OS is Windows 8.1.

If I go back and plot from Acad 2014 everything is fine.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you printing to a system printer, or a PC3 file?
Can you print to PDF or DWF successfully using 2015?
I would start by deleting and recreating the PC3/PMP files for 2015.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

I am printing to a PC3 file. I can print to our other printer (different PC3 file) and to PDF with 2015. I created a new PC3 file but I'm still getting the same error.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

There are known issues with HP, Win8.1 and 2015. Look in the print-plot forum for solutions users found on their own with various HP plotters, you can start here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Printing-and-Plotting/hp-designjet-500-42-and-autocad-2015-does-not-su...
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have AutoCAD 2015, Windows 8.1, and an HP Designjet 1050c and keep getting an error: parameters are incorrect when I try to plot. I can print from other programs just fine, and I can plot from AutoCAD to my Lexmark 11x17 printer just fine. The problem lies between Windows 8.1, AutoCAD 2015, and the HP 1050c. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Message 7 of 8
pendean

HP1050c is not designed for Win8.1 and R2015: sad truth that doesn't apply to Lexmark or Epson or anyone else.

The print-plot forum has similar topics for HP800s and HP500s and user developed solutions that work for them: explore there http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/printing-and-plotting/bd-p/30
Message 8 of 8
mrf
Explorer
in reply to: pendean

Has anyone tried an HP 1050 or 1055 with Civil 3D 2016 and Windows 8.1 yet?  I just installed 2016 yesterday and it was plotting fine all day and even this morning to our HP1055.  All of a sudden it stopped being able to plot and I am getting the same error of an incorrect parameter.  I don't believe I changed anything relating to plotting.    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report