Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help: How to accelerate hardware to fit the minimum system requirements of AutoCAD 2017, 64bit?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
492 Views, 3 Replies

Please help: How to accelerate hardware to fit the minimum system requirements of AutoCAD 2017, 64bit?

Hello, 

I am using AutoCAD 2017, 64bit. Sometimes, I have get the slow and poor performance with the hatch on very simple drawings.

I ran the Autodesk Prerequisite Checker and get the results as PDF file attached. 

I thought that I have not modified correctly my laptop setting. Can anyone help to accelerate my hardware to fit the minimum requirements of my current AutoCAD version? Or should I change to the oldest version? 

Any advises are welcomed. 

My laptop information:

image.png

The results by AutoDesk Prerequisite Checker as attached:

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hak_vz
in reply to: Anonymous

Your laptop configuration is just fine for running Autocad to do 2d/3d drafting.

To solve poor performance try to update your graphics card drivers to latest version.

Here is a link to  help topic about how to configure software to use high performance graphics

I don't know if this will solve your problem, let's hope the best.

Miljenko Hatlak

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
Message 3 of 4
braudpat
in reply to: hak_vz

Hello

1 - Of course you must have a correct driver for your graphic card !

2 - The most important thing, is the basic speed and turbo mode of your Core i3/i5/i7/i9 (or Xeon) processor !

3 - When hatching, it is a 2D process on the current plane, so the graphic card is "not important" !

4 - I am using huge 2D DWG (300-800 Mb) GIS/Maps/Cartography and when I hatch polygons the best results are on very fast Cores  i3/i5/i7/i9 (or Xeon) ! The graphic card when working on pure 2D DWG, is "not important" !

On this huge 2D DWGs, the graphic card can improve speed by a maximum factor of about 20-40% ...

5 - Latest Cores i3/i5/i7/i9 (for fix PCs) have a basic speed like 3.6-4.2 Ghz and a turbo mode up to 4.7-5.3 Ghz

6 - You have a notebook with a Core Mobile which is "slow" ...

7 - Please remain that for ACAD 20XX a 4 Cores (maybe 6 Cores if launching multiple ACADs) is enough !

THE HEALTH (Stay Safe), Regards, Patrice (The Old French EE Froggy)

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

R2017 is not new: is this a new laptop? If not, what is new with it, did you just have an update install?
Are you just starting to work from home and using VPN to connect to the office by chance?
What does ABOUT command say is your exact 2017 version?

What is the make/model of your laptop?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report