Did you mean: 

PDF Underlay Quality - HELP!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
676 Views, 6 Replies

PDF Underlay Quality - HELP!!!

Hi All,

I realise there have been a dozen or so posts pertaining to this topic, however I can't seem to resolve my issue.

Essentially, I use PDF's of site surveys as underlays and superimpose my data on top of them.

The PDF's we receive from our clients are all high quality, vector-based files.

When I use AutoCAD's DWG to PDF plot function, I get heavily "rasterised" underlays which print fine (and also appear fine on the print preview), but look appalling as a published PDF. The data I've drafted is plotted as a vector.

I've tried everything the other threads have suggested and I'm at a complete loss!

Your help is greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD version?
Which PDF driver is being used when Publishing?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

A very simplified solution, I don't like working with pdf's as attachments, so I create jpg's from the pdf, and overlay the jpg file. May not be appropriate for what you're doing though??? Just an idea.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I'm using AutoCAD 2014.
DWG to PDF - I've fiddled with the output raster and vector qualities but it doesn't change the actual output.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks! I have resorted to using images where I can. Some PDF's are locked so unless I printscreen I'm stuck.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

why not convert pdf to dwg in AutoCAD? AutoDWG PDFin could do that, you could get the trail version from Autodesk Exchange APP store easily.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

There is a standalone PDF converter I know, you can input a DWG to convert it into PDF, I think it works much better than ACAD.
You can download the trial version here to test.
http://www.autodwg.com/download/DWG2PDF2015.exe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report