Paste to Original Coordinates

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MKJOR
1087 Views, 3 Replies

Paste to Original Coordinates

Hello,

I have two drawings (same buildings two different floors), I am copying some blocks from Ground Floor to First Floor (another drawings), but the block is placed way far from the floor plan it self!.

Is there any thing I can do to make both drawings same coordinates?

Thank You

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cadffm
in reply to: MKJOR

Move all objects to the same coordinates, command MOVE.

Draw a line to the intersection of architect axis,

copy this line to the other file and pasteorig.

Now, while all layers thawed and unlocked,  you can MOVE ALL from the axis intersection to the endpoint of the pasted line - what is the axis intersection in tge other file.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper

What command are you using the Copy them?  Don't use COPYCLIP [Ctrl+C].  When you Paste the results of that, it uses the lower left corner of the extents of the object(s) as the insertion point, and maybe you have a floating piece of something far away that's part of your Block.  If you use COPYBASE [Ctrl+Shift+C], you can specify where on the copied object(s) you want to use like an insertion point when Pasting.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
user181

Maybe your UCS is rotated in one or both drawings.  Set UCS to World and then do the copy and then in the other drawing set it to world and then paste to original coordinates.  You can change the UCS back in each after by using UCS command and then P for previous. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report