Did you mean: 

Partially Bind or Promote XREF Data

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
291 Views, 2 Replies

Partially Bind or Promote XREF Data

All,

Good afternoon!  I'm working on a few conceptual layouts for a factory layout and I'm not sure which one I will be utilizing, or I may utilizing different aspects from each layout concept.  Instead of copying and pasting a bunch of stuff between layouts, I was wondering if there is a way that I could overlay an XREF and simply BIND or INSERT just a portion of the XREF?  I'm curious what my options are for such an operation.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Thanks in advance for any assistance and have a most blessed day!  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dmfrazier
in reply to: petestrycharske

"...if there is a way that I could overlay an XREF and simply BIND or INSERT just a portion of the XREF? I'm curious what my options are for such an operation."

Two functions that might be of interest:

Xrefs can be clipped (XClip), if you want to show only a portion.

Layers in the XRef can be selectively frozen in different viewports.

Message 3 of 3
user181
in reply to: petestrycharske

You can try the NCOPY command. There settings and you can choose bind or insert. You need to select all the objects to bind or insert one at a time though, you can't window to select. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report