Paperspace Viewport not plotting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5320 Views, 4 Replies

Paperspace Viewport not plotting

Hi Everyone Newbie here,

I'll get the boring bit out the way first.

I'm using a networked version of Autocad P&ID 2016 with some menu customizations added by my employer.

Up until recently I haven't had any problem plotting my drawings but have recently had an issue with certain drawing files that I created. They are PDF underlays viewed through a paperspace viewport, the viewport layer is set to no print, the pdf underlay is on a print layer.

In the print preview the drawing border is displaying ok but the the contents of the viewport do not display at all, effectively a blank page as the viewport layer in set not to print.

If I turn the viewport layer to print I can see the viewport boundary in the print preview, but the contents of the viewport, the pdf underlay in model space, is still empty. Strangely on some of the drawings if I move the viewport down the page from the top to the bottom of the sheet, it displays perfectly in the print preview, and if I move it back up to the top of the sheet it dissappears again. I have tried this on 3 different machines and all with the same results. So I'm guessing the problem is with the file and not the program. I have dozens of other drawings all created the same way which have no issues whatsoever, but a select few that do.

I have tried creating a second paperspace tab and have the same problem, also recreated the file from scratch and again still having the same issue, tried a recover and audit and no errors found. Sorry but I cannot upload the file my employer won't allow me to.

I'm stumped, any advice gratefully received.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I have tried this on 3 different machines and all with the same

>> results. So I'm guessing the problem is with the file

I would think the same way, and so I would like to ask you for uploading the file + the referenced PDF(s) so we can try it on our systems and look into the file details.

Also please start your AutoCAD, start command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot from that dialog.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

Apologies again my employer will not give me permission to upload either the pdf underlay or the dwg file.

_about.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> my employer will not give me permission to upload

>> either the pdf underlay or the dwg file

Then try to recreate the situation with a dwg-file with just a few lines, just one layout, and a referenced PDF that is not secret. If you can reproduce the issue in that file I guess you will be allowed to show this file to us.

If that new file does not show that effect you can use copy and paste to copy the modelspace data from your defect file to this file, attache the PDF file again and adjust the layout with your titleblock, format, ... then this should also not show the defect again.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you Alfred, I will try your suggestion and post back if I am able to reproduce the issue.

However in the meantime I seem to have stumbled across a fix.

In my original drawing the viewport was quite a narrow profile, letter box shape, and this was not displaying properly in the print preview. I tried stretching the viewport down so that it is a more regular rectangle profile and the print preview is displaying correctly again. I don't know if my original narrow profile viewport was causing the problem but expanding it out seems to help.

Regards

Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report