Did you mean: 

opjects selection only

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
394 Views, 7 Replies

opjects selection only

hello users.

I want to select only the opjects in my drawing while I select using the mouse, but when i do that it also select the Xrefs in the background.

Is there a way to overcome this?

thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

HI,

>> but when i do that it also select the Xrefs in the background.

i suggest to make a certain layer for your xref's then try to LOCK  ( LAYLCK command ) that layer to avoid any selection matter . also there are many ways to select objects depending on their properties like SELECTSIMILAR , QSELECT commands . 

Command: SELECTSIMILAR
Select objects or [SEttings]:

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

And Then I will always do that when i create another drawing?

Nothing I can change in setting?

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

you cn try to use FILTER. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
imadHabash

other than the ways that i mention it in my previous post , how about while selecting use Shift+Select mouse button to remove the xref from your selection . or type R ( Remove ) while selecting . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
ВeekeeCZ

There are some tricks on how to make xref unselectable (like passive underground.). You could put in into Defpoint layer and freeze layer 0.

Or you could use THIS addon and manage the visibility a selectability using a dialog.

Sure, the most simple is just lock xref layer. xref is still selectable but in the following process is excluded for changes.

Message 7 of 8
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

@ВeekeeCZ wrote:

.... You could put in into Defpoint layer and freeze layer 0. ....

Well....  Yes, that would make it un-selectable [also if Layer 0 is merely turned off -- it doesn't need to be frozen], but of course it would also not Plot, which I don't think would very often be wanted.  You would have to remember to change its Layer every time you want to Plot, and then change it back to make it un-selectable again.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 8
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: imadHabash

@imadHabash wrote:

.... make a certain layer for your xref's then try to LOCK ... that layer to avoid any selection matter . ....

That would not  make it un-selectable.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report