16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
18551 Views, 16 Replies

OLE not showing up in the model space

Hello all,

I'm currently using AutoCAD 2012.

For some of the OLE objects inserted into the drawing, I can see them normally anywhere BUT the model space.

Only thing I can see is their borders (hence I can still click and edit them).

Are there any ways to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Where is "normally anywhere" for those of us that can see your file or your screen? Explain more, or if you are unsure, post the problem DWG file for all of us to see for ourselves.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I meant to say "I can see them normally" "anywhere else" 😛

In MODEL layout, they appear as a rectangular object with nothing shown except the border.

In any other layout, I can see them as what it is supposed to be.

On the side note, this is just a regular OLE object, not linked to anything.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Here's something new: I've tried to add those OLE to a block that I use, and now I can't see the picture anywhere.

Message 5 of 17
pendean

If you can;t see them in modelspace, they are not in modelspace or modelspace is set to a display setting (SHADEMODE) that is difference from 'everywhere else'.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

I don't think you can set SHADEMODE in any paperspace...

When I checked the variable inside the respective viewport, it had the same option as the modelspace.

Here are the example of the drawing that I'm having a problem with:

2.JPG2.JPG

(MODEL layout on the left, other layout on the right)

Those images ARE in fact inserted in the modelspace (they have the dotted border, and I can click them), but are not visible.

Also, as mentioned earlier, when I tried to make a block with those "invisible" images, I wasn't able to see them in any other layouts neither.

Message 7 of 17
pendean

SHADEMODE is set inside a VIEWPORT, and in MODELSPACE: never just in 'paperspace'.

Post the actual DWG file please.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

I can't post the actual drawing, due to the company's confidentiality.
SHADEMODE is set as "2dwireframe" for both MODEL layout and other viewports
on the drawing.

Regards,
Edmond Yoo
Message 9 of 17
pendean

Try to recreate the problem in a new sample file: then post it here.
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Please see attached.

I tried to paste them into a new drawing, but the problem now seems to affect MODEL layout as well.

The image is invisible everywhere in the drawing (it is still visible in the original drawing).

Message 11 of 17
pendean

What format where these OLE source files? AutoCAD says 'paintbrush'.

The images are also very tiny compared to the text size: had to scale them up by 100 to see their outlines.

By the way: if you cannot see them at all in your sample file, which is different from the tale you started off with, we probably aren't going to be much different.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

Try this one.

I've stripped all other information from te original drawing.

To answer your question regarding the source, the image was copied from Paint software.

Message 13 of 17
pendean

Setting UCS and PLAN to WORLD in modelspace seemed to fix it.

Message 14 of 17
jggerth

That a perfect illustration of why NOT to use OLE for things that matter.  Either use the Image command to place the graphics as image files (.png by preference), or if it's something you'll use often, use acad entities to replicate.  OLE was never an optimum solution for cad -- just way to many problems crop up.

(not sure about the legality of using other entities logos in your drawings under canadian law -- might be something to verify that it's even OK to do)

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Yeah, plan was set to Current instead.

Thank you so much 🙂

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

I was using raster image for the logos, but I was getting faced with unreferenced xrefs issue from other co-workers, who does not have the same path for the same file.

Message 17 of 17
MatthewFortune

If you make it a block you can then copy the block to model space.  That being said if you then break the block the OLE image will vanish.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report