Offset problem. shapes changes to Slines

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
624 Views, 8 Replies

Offset problem. shapes changes to Slines

offset problem.jpg

please check picture, the only way I can make this work to check dimension and draw the ellipse again .

i do so many shapes like this that I need the cnc to cut but as long as line transforms. machine cant read or the spaniel stop millions time .  please excuse my English

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Use PELLIPSE type 1 instead of 0 when drawing your ellipse.

Message 3 of 9
imadHabash

try to change PELLIPSE ( system variable )= 1   to Creates a polyline representation of an ellipse .

Command: PELLIPSE

Enter new value for PELLIPSE <0>: 1

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

thanks for reply but its already on 0 I try to change to 1 and its same, i changed back to zero and tried again and same.

Message 5 of 9
Kent1Cooper

See >this<.  A true Ellipse that is the same distance from another one at its quadrant points  [which is what that routine does] cannot  be the same distance from the other at every point -- it's just the mathematical nature of ellipses.  That's why OFFSETting an Ellipse results in a Spline.

If you need it for something that doesn't like Splines, you can use that routine if you can accept that the distance between source and result Ellipses will vary slightly, or you can use the suggestion to set PELLIPSE so that the you draw the source as a Polyline approximation  of an ellipse, if you can accept the fact that it's not  a true elliptical shape.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

thank you I tried and still same.

Message 7 of 9
Patchy

You change Pellipse to 1 but you have to redraw your ellipse and then offset it to get a polyline.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

thanks for your explanation. im OK if its variable or not same exact, for example  I used alphacam before and after offset this wont happen. i tried Pellipse and still same,and when i convert the spline after offset into geometry its consists of hundreds broken lines

Message 9 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for reply but its already on 0 I try to change to 1 and its same, i changed back to zero and tried again and same.

What you need to do is to change PELLIPSE to 1 before  drawing the first  Ellipse, so that it will be a Polyline, not a true Ellipse.  Then the one Offset from it will also be a Polyline of far fewer vertices that in your image.  But neither will be a true elliptical shape.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report