Did you mean: 

OFFSET Command Suggestion

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MarkFitz
431 Views, 7 Replies

OFFSET Command Suggestion

I deal with a considerable amount of multiple offset values at the same time in my current position, going back and forth between 2 or 3 different offset values, for example, framing of my product is typically 2" wide, but the spacing between frames varies, though similar items can remain the same.  Lets say the spacing is 3' (36").  I need to draw my first line and then offset a 2" distance for my frame.  Then offset a second distance of 36", then another 2" distance, then another 36" distance, etc.  Which is not too bad, but when the framing is 1-3/4" instead of 2" it becomes tardy to have to type it in each time.  It would be a nice idea if there was a short memory, say 3 or 4 values that you could select from, similar to the previous commands menu when you right-click (the top command is the one you just used, the next option down is a short list of commands you've recently used).  Repeatability would be a breeze then!

Any takers?  or any suggestions as to what I can do currently?

Thanks,

MarkF

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RSomppi
in reply to: MarkFitz

Sorry, thought I was in a different forum.

Message 3 of 8
Jason.Piercey

After you have entered a few values, while in the offset command, right click and explore the recent input options shown.  Alternately you could possibly create a dynamic block that would relieve some of your headache. 

Message 4 of 8
MarkFitz
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

I'm not seeing any options for a right click, it just goes to the next stage of the command, I have the right-click set up as "Enter" do I need to adjust this?

Thanks,

MarkF

Message 5 of 8
pendean

The Autodesk App Store has lots of "multiple offset" offerings you can explore, if you are running a version too old contact the author from there, they might be able to help

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=7131157146074921574&appLang=en&os=Win32_64
Message 6 of 8
Jason.Piercey

Here is a snapshot of the right click customization. Also, my INPUTHISTORYMODE system variable is set to 15.

JasonPiercey_0-1721153459539.png

Message 7 of 8
MarkFitz
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Yes, I needed to reset what my right-click button does.

Thanks guys!

Message 8 of 8
Kent1Cooper

Another option you might try is OFFMULT.lsp, >here< [but read the additional description at the Message above that]. It lets you set values into any of 20 defined pre-set-Offset-distance commands for re-use when needed.  So you could call up OA [that's a capital letter O for Offset, not a zero] and set your 2" into that and do an Offset, then call up OB and set your 36" into that and do one, then call OA again [and a quick Enter to keep its remembered value of 2"] and do one, then OB again, etc.  Set 1-3/4" into OC and you can alternate between OC and OB instead.  Those same values remain in those commands even after closing AutoCAD.

Or, I also have OffsetRunningOptions.lsp, available >here<.  [And I find it's downloadable, unlike a lot of the routines on the Cadalyst CAD Tips site currently.]  It UNDEFINEs the regular Offset command and makes a new definition that includes an option to change the distance within the same running of the command, so you don't need to conclude the command and then start another to use a new distance.  Call for the Distance-or-through option to set a new distance, and can use that right-click Recent-input approach to get the alternating values once they have been used as recent input.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report