not responding

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2011 Views, 8 Replies

not responding

Hello,
I've downloaded AutoCAD 2016 student version. After instalation it has opened correctly but I can't start it again. What the program does is sturting up until create/learn window. I can swith beetween this two options. I can choose a template of my workspace from a dropdown menu but when I click start drawing(it changes color) nothing happen. I can't minimize the program window neither change it to window mode. My PC configuration meets the requirements

Piotr Maryańśki

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

There are 2016 hotfixex, have you installed any yet? some regional ones may apply to you, scroll down this page and see http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I've just installed them. I generaly try to have all the patches, fixes and service packs up to date. So it's not the point 🙂
Message 4 of 9
pendean

Then double-click on a DWG file in Windows Explorer to open AutoCAD in that file, then proceed to turn off that starting tab with STARTMODE variable and never see that startup again 🙂
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

After opening existing DWG file. It opens properly, but the AC is frozen up. I can do nothing with the program.
Message 6 of 9
pendean

Your AutoCAD profile may be corrupt. If you have imported a profile ARG file (or Migrated Custom Settings) from an older version of AutoCAD, a customization or setting in your profile may conflict with the newer version.

An AutoCAD reset may help:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Or as a quicker test log in as someone else in WIndows and see if it still locks up.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I've done reset - still locks up.

I've opened AC as an administrator, as a normal user - no difference at all.

I'll just add that I can watch learn movies, I can choose the template. Some things work fine but I can't create nor open existing file. I click and nothing happens. It's weird because if a program does not respond it shouldn't respond at all but in the case I can do some things with AC

Any other Ideas?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you pendean.
I had to shut down my PC. After turning it on I did reset again and everithing works! Thank you for your help!

Piotr Maryański
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hello again,

The problem appears every time I want to open autocad. I need to restart PC and reset Autocad. It's really annoying. Do you have any tips what can I do to prevent AC from crashing?

Piotr Maryański

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report