Did you mean: 

Need 3 differently scaled drawings in one model space for laser cutting

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
678 Views, 3 Replies

Need 3 differently scaled drawings in one model space for laser cutting

I'm trying to get three drawings of the same image (at different scales) sent off to the laser printers, who will put them on a single 600x900mm MDF.

I've attached the file I sent them, but this image is basically what I mean (the white paper dimensions are 600x900mm)

Untitled.png

I set up the page, and inserted the drawing three times at 1:1000, 1:500 and 1:250. Red lines are where the MDF is to be cut, blue lines are for laser.

However I've had it sent back to me, saying it needs to be in the model space, not the layout space. 

I'm completely clueless and I've had a back and forth email over this issue for about a fortnight now. I'm a student who's doing all my learning from home, and I'm getting no pointers from the uni about how to do this, just basically being told that they won't cut it until I sort it, so I'm really falling behind with my project.

A 600x900mm rectangle in the model space would be absolutely tiny since the drawing is 1:1. 

Please can anyone help?? Thank you so much

Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> it needs to be in the model space, not the layout space. 

take a look to command _EXPORTLAYOUT (>>>details<<<).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you so so much, I can't believe it was that easy! I really appreciate your help

Message 4 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

So long ago and I forgot about this command ☺

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report