Did you mean: 

NCOPY as a block in another block?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
latif_ozdem
212 Views, 4 Replies

NCOPY as a block in another block?

Hello,

Is it possible to copy a nested block quickly? NCOPY command works to select nested objects in blocks but it selects and copies one by one and not as a whole block. 

I mean: I have a block named Block-A, there are some other nested blocks in it. Let us say one of them is Block-B.

I would like to be able to select Block B simply clicking or windowing it thanks to a command or a lisp. What I am searching for is something possible?

Best Regards,

Latif

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Maybe look at this. A lisp was posted on NCOPY with window. I haven't tried it.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/ncopy-with-window-selection/td-p/909... 

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your respond.

It seems, it is not what I am searching for. It would be perfect if I were able to copy it just clicking etc. The method in the link is more complicated. 

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: latif_ozdem

You'll have to look into customizing, start with this tip 

https://www.lee-mac.com/extractnestedblock.html

Message 5 of 5
latif_ozdem
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your reply.

I realize that lisp yesterday while I was searching it. It is very helpful. (And there are also some more very effective lisps there.) Thanks them too.

But unfortunately most of my blocks are dynamic and Extract Nested Block lisp did not work for them. (I dont know maybe it is not possible to Extract Nested Blocks for Dynamic Blocks. There was another similar lisp named Nested Move and it did not move for Dynmic Blocks too.) However, I might use that lisp for other blocks except dynmic ones. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report