16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
2570 Views, 16 Replies

multiple drawing sheet conversion in to PDF

Dear sir,

Have a nice day!

i am using AUTOCAD 2014 in that i design some electrical schematics for the college project i draw the multiple drawing on a single sheet now i want to convert each sheet into a diffrent PDF is there is any solution through which i can select 10 drawing from a single file and publish it to a different PDF or i have to do it one by one please help on this.Am a beginner in the Autocad your help will be advantageous to save my time

Regards,

Samrat

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hi, i think you can only do it one by one manually. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

there is no any alternative?
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

what in case if i have 100 of layout on a single sheet?

Message 5 of 17
massimo.corradi

You can use the publish command if you have each sheet on a separate layout, this is the way how it's meant to work by design (check also "page setups" in that case). If you have put all sheets on one layout you would need to select "by window" each sheet manually or you would need to wite a script to automate that. ...Or maybe, if you are lucky, you can find something that does that already in the app shop.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: massimo.corradi

thanks i will check it out and let you know the status soon.hoping it will be available with a readymade solution.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

HI,

Can you please help me to sort out the above issue please find enclosed attachment for the detail Attach is the autocad 2010 file where i draw a multiple drawing  on single sheet is it possible in autocad to convert this drawing into PDF in a single procedure right now am converting it inot PDFwaht i have to do is using "window"option in PUBLISH box and select the perticular sheet area and then publish it into the PDF which is very time taking 

Can anybody show me the short cut for the same for that i attach the trial file of DWG

Regards,

samrat

Message 8 of 17
TheCADnoob

What you will need to do is create a seperate paper space for each "drawing." It might be helpful to name the tabs according to the contentent of the individual drawings as well. 

cadnoob multisheet 1.png

open the layout and ZOOM WINDOW to each of the different drawings

cadnoob multisheet 3.png

Once you have done this for all your drawings go to batch pplot

cadnoob multisheet 5.png

From the batch plot dialog select only the drawings (now the new layouts you created) you wish to plot

cadnoob multisheet 4.png

and simply publish. If you need individual dwgs you can select multifile in the publish options dialog

cadnoob multisheet 6.png

once this is done creating what you needs is easy

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Thanks ,

But can you please elaborate how to create a seperate paper space for each sheet. am beginner in the autocad so can you explain the procedure for crating a seperate paper space

Regards,

samrat

Message 10 of 17
pendean

They already explained it: try to follow the screenshots they posted and download the PDFs they posted in their reply.
Message 11 of 17
TheCADnoob

this is fairly rudimentary, you may need to take in some tutorials to help you get along with the program. 

first create a new tab

cadnoob multisheet gif1.gif

Next open that tab. double click the paper and change your viewport size. Next double click within the viewport and type zoom > window and select your drawing.

cadnoob multisheet gif2.gif

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 12 of 17
dbroad

The previous posters have showed you the preferred way to setup a drawing for multiple plots.  You have a single modelspace (not sheet) in which you layout multiple sheets.  You can also setup multiple page setups in model space and publish the setups as part of a new sheet set.  I estimate that it would take you about 10-15 seconds per sheet to setup and would not add an excessive number of layouts to your drawing.  It is challenging to manage more than 20 layouts per drawing file.  See screencast.  If you were to create a template drawing with the grid as noted and setup a sheet set file for that template, any additional drawings would take much less time than the first setup.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

THANKS Dboard it give me extreme clarity of publishing a PDF it save my much time thanks for your valuable guidance

Regards,

Samrat

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

thanks CADnoob for your valuable guidance

REGARDS,

SAMRAT

Message 15 of 17
TheCADnoob

glad to have helped. Smiley Happy

Please select the reponse that best solved your problem and mark it as the solution so that others may be able to find it in the future. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

thanks for helping me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

samrat

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

up but its time taking am looking forward to save my time for publishing PDF. am looking forward to get lisp file so it saves my time more than the current one

Regards,

Samrat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report