Multiline Text Attribute Underline Problem %%U

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2356 Views, 7 Replies

Multiline Text Attribute Underline Problem %%U

Hi all,

I'm having a weird issue with a block that has a multiline text attribute. Everything looks fine when I save and close the file, but when I open it again the attribute has changed spacing and removes the underline from part of the text. It also includes a %%U before the text that was underlined. I had a LISP that set system variables on startup but even removing this LISP I am still seeing the same problem. Not sure if this is caused by the LISP or if the block itself has some issues. I've attached the block, LISP and a screenshot of the problem. Please let me know of questions!!

Untitled.jpg

The acaddoc.lsp file I have sets the following:

(setvar "cmddia" 1)
(setvar "filedia" 1)
(setvar "pickfirst" 1)
(setvar "geomarkervisibility" 0)
(setvar "selectionpreview" 3)
(setvar "highlight" 1)
(setvar "mirrtext" 0)
(setvar "pickadd" 2)
(setvar "pickauto" 5)
(setvar "pickfirst" 1)
(setvar "sdi" 0)
(setvar "insunits" 1)
(setvar "qaflags" 0)

Thanks,

Sara

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

HI,

i use your callout block and i notice that there is no need to use %%U for underline since you can use U (see attached).

att.png

try to delete it and see what happened ... if not solved it will be great if you attache the incorrect text that you have .

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
TheCADnoob

I cannot duplicate the problem on 2017

what version are you using and what file version are you saving the file to?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Hi there,

I'm using AutoCAD 2017 and saving to 2010 format.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

I do use the underline icon in the text editor toolbar. When I save and close the file it looks correct. When I open the file I notice it removes the underline, adds the %%U and changes the spacing in between text. It's odd!

Message 6 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Your block has some proxy objects in it. I ran AECtoACAD and then I was able to save down to 2010 format, reopen  and everything looked fine.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 8
john.vellek

Hi SFronius,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your Multi-line Attribute  problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John,

That did the trick! Thank you for your help!

Sara

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report