Did you mean: 

Mtext with multiple textstyles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
915 Views, 4 Replies

Mtext with multiple textstyles

Prior to switching to Autocad 2016 I was able to edit some text in the text editor to have a different textstyles. Specifically I am placing general notes and would like each section to have a romand textstyles which is larger than the note textstyles which is romans 1/8" high. How do I do this in 2016?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi zippy2116,

What version are you upgrading from? I don't think there are significant changes in the editor since 2015. Please also attach a drawing or screencapture of what you are trying to do and I will help walk you through the process.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
TheCADnoob

You can change or create different text styles buy using the style editor. Use the command STYLE. I would create a copy of you roman style and change the height in that one to the desired height. 

My personally work flow is usually to change the height in the properties menu, but this just fits best with my work flow. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

Hi zippy216,

I have attached a Screencast for you that shows a named text style for notes that utilizes RomanS and one for General Notes that utilizes Romand. You have additional options in defining the styles such as Height but I usually do this on-the-fly in properties just as @TheCADnoob does. Frequently though I will set the width to .8 or .85 here which I feel looks a little better and gives me a touch more room.

Next I open some existing Mtext by double-clicking on it. I select all the text and apply the notes style. Finally, I change a portion of the text to Romand and set a different height for it.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi zippy216

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Hopefully the Screencast showed you how I do this in my own drawings. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report