Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MText Selection & Cursor Location

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AshWoehler
461 Views, 5 Replies

MText Selection & Cursor Location

Hey, hopefully a quick fix, but very annoying. When I edit MText, the cursor starts at the start of the first line, rather than where I double clicked to edit it. I can't seem to find anything online apart from another post on this forum with no solution. It only seems to be in some drawings, which makes me think this is a system variable. Example, I wish to edit text 'Floor Plan 1', and double click on the text at the '1' to change it to '2', but the cursor always starts before 'F'. Any ideas?

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: AshWoehler

Hi,

Click on below image to see how it's behave normal in my case . make a text in a new CAD dwg file , any changes when click to edit ?

Mte.gif

Message 3 of 6
AshWoehler
in reply to: imadHabash

Thanks heaps for the reply. It is correct (as per your video) when I command MText in a new file, and when I opy text from the 'bad' file. I have purged & audited the 'bad' file, but nothing has helped. Any ideas?
Message 4 of 6
AshWoehler
in reply to: imadHabash

Also, I just used the WBlock command and it is fine so far. Is there a system variable that affects this?
Message 5 of 6
imadHabash

can we have a copy from your bad file here ( you can erase all of your data and just keep texts ) ?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

FWIW it can't be a SYSTEM variable (aka across all files opened by the system/session) if the problem is limited to a few files.

EXPLODE your MTEXT and see if it shifts/moves or do something weird, does it?

There is a STRIPMTEXT lisp floating around these forums and on the web, go grab it and use it on MTEXT objects that misbehave, more often than not it is all you need to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups