Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext Background Mask border offset factor: Is there variable for default?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rross
4614 Views, 7 Replies

Mtext Background Mask border offset factor: Is there variable for default?

Is there a system variable for the background mask offset border distance when using multi line text? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: rross

Hi @rross,

I am not aware of a variable that controls the offset of the border for the mask.  Reading through some things I found on the web, it appears that you can adjust this using lisp or through VBA. Would you like me to move your thread to the customization forums?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
jayhar

Hi,

Background Mask Dialog Box
http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-3448A24E-E18B-4C8C-B8AB-84F4CD4E...

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists,

Please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved. ?

Thanks You
Jayhar.M.J

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 4 of 8
j.palmeL29YX

@rross  schrieb:

Is there a system variable for the background mask offset border distance when using multi line text? 

I don't think so. It is a property of the MText object.

If you are familiar with LISP maybe this informatuon will help you:

DXF-Group code 45 is for the scale factor of this "mask offset" (more precise:  it is a scale factor, depending on the text height).

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

@j.palmeL29YX  schrieb:

@rross  schrieb:

I don't think so. It is a property of the MText object.

Correction:

It (the default value) is stored in the registry in the environment variable "TextMask_BackgroundScale".

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
john.vellek

Excellent discovery.....I did some searching in the registry but apparently I didn't search hard enough!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Can you explain what "stored in the registry" means? Is that something accessible that I can change?

Message 8 of 8
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that something accessible that I can change?

You can - if you know what you do. But if you don't even know what the registry is you SHOULD NOT DO IT. You can destroy your system.
FYI: In the WINDOW folder of your OS you find a "regedit.exe". This starts the Registry Editor which can used to modify a lot of settings on your computer. But I repeat: Don't do any changes here if you don't be sure what you do.

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report