Mtext Background by layer

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dani_cs
235 Views, 8 Replies

Mtext Background by layer

Hello all,

I am trying to set a mtext background color by layer, but that option is not available. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
imadHabash
in reply to: dani_cs

Hi,

It's NOT applicable.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
BudW

Double click on MText to enter editor and then click on the little circle with the down arrow.  Down near the bottom of the pop out window you will see Background Mask, click on "use background mask" and also click "Use drawing background color".  Hope this is what you were looking for

Message 4 of 9
Valentin-WSP

@dani_cs .

@dani_cs wrote:

I am trying to set a mtext background color by layer, but that option is not available. Is that possible?

There is NO ByLayer option for MText background, but you can select it manually and Match Properties if needed:

ValentinWSP_0-1728307399127.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 9
Kent1Cooper

@dani_cs wrote:

.... I am trying to set a mtext background color by layer .....

I'm wondering what the purpose of this would be.  If the Mtext content is colored ByLayer [as would normally be the case], and the mask is also colored ByLayer, the content will disappear into its surroundings.  Wouldn't you therefore need to impose more formatting to change the color of the content, so that it's visible relative to the mask?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 9
vladimir_michl

The background mask color can be set to BYLAYER (e.g. if you want to have a black text on differently colored backgrounds) but you cannot do that over the standard user interface. But if you change the entity DXF code 63 to 256, the color will be set to BYLAYER.

You can do it e.g. with the ModDXF utility:

https://www.cadforum.cz/en/moddxf-utility-for-bulk-modification-of-internal-dxf-properties-tip13938

Vladimir Michl, www.arkance.world  -  www.cadforum.cz

Message 7 of 9

I find you can also do it this way, if 'ent' is the Mtext entity name:

(setpropertyvalue ent "BackgroundFill" 1)

(setpropertyvalue ent "BackgroundFillColor" 256)

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 9
dani_cs
in reply to: BudW

Hello @BudW 

that is not what I am looking for exactly. I want to set a fixed colour (for example blue) to mtext string but I need to set background colour by layer, So, if I change the colour of the layer, just background will change.

Message 9 of 9
dani_cs
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Hello @Kent1Cooper 

Yes, it is a strange case: I usually set Mtext content by layer and I set a fixed colour to the mask, but in one drawing, I need to do the reverse case, so, I am wondering if it is possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report