Did you mean: 

Moving Nested block attributes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Guy_Goddard
372 Views, 5 Replies

Moving Nested block attributes

I have a block with attributes nested within another block, this is then mirrored.  What I need to do is move one of the attributes of the nested block.  If I use attedit  to change the position it ends up somewhere in left field.  How can I move this attribute?  Think of numbered holes.  Numbered on the front and needed to be referenced on the back.  The reason the holes are blocked is so the hole locations don't move once the location is established.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Guy_Goddard

Share your DWG file with your nested blocks here please.
Message 3 of 6
Guy_Goddard

Here's the file

Message 4 of 6
cadffm

You know that moving on the right, will also display the same way on the left(Front), because both are displaying the same block/block content !?

Answer:

If you like to edit Blockdefiniton 'Feedthru - 250 OD Tubing' for new inserts also,

use BEDIT to edit 'Feedthru - 250 OD Tubing' and move your attributdefinitions.

BEDIT: 'HOLE LOCATIONS'

If you had edit 'Feedthru - 250 OD Tubing', run ATTSYNC

or if you didn't edit 'Feedthru - 250 OD Tubing', move the attributes of 'Feedthru - 250 OD Tubing' by the grips!

Sebastian

Message 5 of 6
Guy_Goddard
in reply to: cadffm

Moving the front view nested attribute in the block editor also moves the attribute in the rear view.   What I need is to move the attribute in only the rear view.

We have components (not shown) mounted on both sides. The location of the "F" number will be blocked on one side or the other  if they both remain  in the same location.

I think I've found a work around, using groups.  However I don't know how this will impact our process further down the line.

Message 6 of 6
cadffm

"What I need is to move the attribute in only the rear view."

All your blockreferences of this block are displaying the same block,

so it is impossible to do this with blocks.

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report