Did you mean: 

Move sheets between sheet sets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jacob.dwyer
305 Views, 3 Replies

Move sheets between sheet sets

Hey All,

I am suspecting this is not possible, but would like to post here just in case. I have two sheet sets, the main one is a set of sheets for a subdivision. I have a smaller sheet set outlining the details of a chamber within that subdivision. I would like to move the 3 sheets in the details set to the main sheet set in such a way that the sheets retain their custom sheet properties. Is there anyway to copy a sheet from one sheets set to another?

I am aware that I can add the detail layouts to the main sheet set, but we have several title block fields which reference the sheet properties which will not be maintained through that method.

Thanks,

13.5.1184.0 Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
T.114.0.0 AutoCAD 2023.1
HP Zbook G7 Laptop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM: 16.0 gb
Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jacob.dwyer

Can you open two SheetSets at the same time side by side? Neither can I unless I am missing it, and about the only way I suspect you can do what you want after that (to drag/drop between them).
Message 3 of 4
jacob.dwyer
in reply to: pendean

Tried opening two instances of CAD to get two sheet sets open at the same time. Doesn't allow drag and drop between them. 

13.5.1184.0 Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
T.114.0.0 AutoCAD 2023.1
HP Zbook G7 Laptop
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM: 16.0 gb
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: jacob.dwyer

@jacob.dwyer No, never two instances of AutoCAD for drag/drop ease AFAIK, must be same session only. So yes, you know the answer as noted in your initial post. Sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta