Did you mean: 

Mouse laggs in viewport - Windows 10 1809

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
469 Views, 6 Replies

Mouse laggs in viewport - Windows 10 1809

Hello,

We are trailing AutoCAD 2020 with an HP zBook 14u G6 with Intel i7-8665u CPU, 32 GB RAM, 512GB NVME and AMD Radeon Pro WX3200 (4GB)

Initially the software works fine, but after a day or so (with rebooting), the mouse movements in the viewport become very unresponsive/laggy after a few seconds of using the software.

We are using driver version “Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise, Revision Number 19.Q4.1” on Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 x64, and have confirmed acad.exe is set to High Performance in Radeon settings.

Are there known issues with this configuration?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

you can refer to this LINK and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi ennujozlagam, thanks for this suggestion I have already tried that - sorry I should have said!

The strange thing is that it works fine when the laptop is on battery power and no external monitors, but when it is docked and you're trying to use an external monitor then the performance degrades quickly. It is worse if there are 2 external monitors.

Display scaling is set to 100% on all monitors.

Message 4 of 7
ennujozlagam

have try to change your window display setting resolution and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks again for your reply 😀

The laptop screen is 1920x1080, I have tried on external monitors of 1920x1080 and 1280x1024. Is there another suggested resolution?

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Disconnect the lower res monitor, does your problem go away?
Do you have another monitor of equal res to either of them to test only having equal res monitors in place?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

What happens if you connect power and the monitor(s) to your laptop directly, without using the dock?

I ask because I have seen video and other issues caused by the connector bus/block on laptop docking stations (or docking connector on the laptop itself).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report