Did you mean: 

Model Space background is white on Paper Space

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3775 Views, 9 Replies

Model Space background is white on Paper Space

When I switch from model space to paper space, the background on the viewport on model space is white. How do I switch MS  to black while on paper space? See below.

-I already tried: Tools/Options/Display/Colors/Sheet Layout/Uniform Background/(switch it to Black)

and the MS is set like this: Tools/Options/Display/Colors/2D Model Space/Uniform Background/Black

-I also tried to go to Page Set Up on the layout tab and changed the plot style to monochrome.

ednaQGP69_0-1615216097534.png

Labels (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

there does not exist a modelspace color on layout.

The color for modelspace you can assign in the options is just for the real modelspace, not the viewport in the layout you use to look to the modelspace entities.

I would not understand where this is needed (as long as you don't want to print on black paper) as a layout is primary build to be WYSIWIG.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

-I already tried: Tools/Options/Display/Colors/Sheet Layout/Uniform Background/(switch it to Black)....

That's how I normally have it, and my background is black [but as @Alfred.NESWADBA pointed out, the entire paper space background, not just the model-space background inside a Viewport].

Does this happen in all drawings?  If in only one, maybe an AUDIT is in order.  If in all drawings, maybe a re-install or repair?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 10
GustavoUbriaco

Hi did you try this option?

ubriacocontrerasgustavo_0-1615219159954.png

Gustavo Ubriaco Contreras
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The reason I want the MS black while on PS it's because I can barely see the color blocks with white background

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I can barely see the color blocks with white background

And on paper you can see them?
If yes then you can start command _PAGESETUP ==> modify ==> activate the "Display plot styles" checkbox.

If no then the best option you have is to then the whole paper background to black.

20210308_173134_0001.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: GustavoUbriaco

yes I did - thank you

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

That's a good option. Thank you

Message 9 of 10
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a good option. Thank you

[I assume that's in reply to @Alfred.NESWADBA in Message 6, but it "says" it's in reply to yourself.  Just for future reference, make sure to reply with the button at lower right of an individual Message.  If you use the "Reply to the topic..." line at the bottom, that's always "in reply to" the first Message, not to the Message just above it.  And it's often helpful to " quote the Message you're replying to, preferably editing the quotation down to just the minimum part that your reply is specifically about.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 10 of 10

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta